Next bike for sport touring 1300

CruisinZ, I have about 12,000 miles on my 01' Busa this year (since Daytona). I run a ZG Touring screen, Heli Bars, a centerstand, throttlemeister , Buell peg mod and use RKA 35L soft sided expandable luggage. I too run 016's and got close to 10K on the tires. I run 42 front/40 rear and check them religiously. I keep the pressure on the high side to lessen the Crowning affect our roads have on the front tires. If I was doing a lot of twisties I'd probably drop to 31-32 pounds if the roads were clean. Hope this helps. Wardie

yep. if you're worried about tire life just go with a harder compound tire. as someone already suggested, the pilot roads or pilot road2's or if your on a budget(as I was) the shinko raven 009s can be had for $175 a set and last forever! and contrary to what the people who have never tryed them will try to tell you, they actually grip very well once warmed up! I live 20 minutes from the dragon(deals gap) and havent had a scary moment on them yet. The busa gen 1 or 2 is a great bike for sport touring with a few minor mods and ten times more comfy on long trips than an SS bike even without the mods!

yep. if you're worried about tire life just go with a harder compound tire. as someone already suggested, the pilot roads or pilot road2's or if your on a budget(as I was) the shinko raven 009s can be had for $175 a set and last forever! and contrary to what the people who have never tryed them will try to tell you, they actually grip very well once warmed up! I live 20 minutes from the dragon(deals gap) and havent had a scary moment on them yet. The busa gen 1 or 2 is a great bike for sport touring with a few minor mods and ten times more comfy on long trips than an SS bike even without the mods!

Welcome to the forum!

Glad somebody else spoke up about the Shinkos. Good commute tire for the price, especially when money is funny.

The Busa is a fantastic sport-tourer. More than comfy on the long road trips. I'm in Orange County (SoCal) and I've ridden to The Gap twice and Wyoming once, all in three years on my last Busa and it was pure joy. Like everyone suggests, the BeetleBags and Corbins are great but I like to travel light so it's just a backpack for me. No roughing it... my idea of touring is riding from one Hyatt to the next, two states over, at a high rate of speed.

My definition of "roughing it" is having to make more than three phone calls to make sure I get a ground-floor room off the parking lot so I can park my bike in the room with me. :laugh:

Back