Next bike for sport touring 1300

cruzinZ

Registered
Hello everyone! Got some questions about this beautiful bike (2n gen... sorry to the 1st gen.) With that out of the way I have been riding a GSXR 600 for the last year and a half. My riding style is mostly up in the hills with long trips thrown in the mix of things. I've taken several 2-4 hour trips to get to my destination (150-280 mile one way) on the little 600. As of recently my new girlfriend cant seem to get enough of the bike. Put on 750 miles in a weekend visiting her with about 400 of them riding two up. I'm looking forward to getting something a little more comfortable for us to take out. I'm in no way going to get rid of my current sportbike... after all its worth more to me than what I can get out of it! I'd like to keep it mostly for the mountain roads and riding with friends solo. We both complain about the seats on the 600 and I would like some thing more comfortable to ride... thus the need for a sport touring bike. Ideally I'd like to set it up for longer distance rides. Typically I see the bike being used as a weekend warrior to get out of town and travel across California on extended mini vacations. The only thing I'm concerned about is tire life. I'm currently running '016 on my bike and cant seem to get very good milage out of them. 1900-2300! Running 38f 42r and going through more tires than I'd like! Currently I have 14,000 miles on the bike and thinking I'll be putting even more miles on the busa when I get it.

Anyone have comments on the following items on my wish list:

corbin beetle bags
corbin rider & passenger seat along with backrest
bar risers (what brand is best? quality wise)
I was also looking at corbin rear CF fender. Looks like it ties up the rear end nice.

I know the beetle bags dont cary a lot but the looks tie in the bike perfectly. I'm looking at using this as a weekend transportation out of town... not cross country long hauls... so space isnt everything. I was also looking at possibly getting a top case of some kind for those once or twice a year trips where its more room is needed. If it would fit in conjunction with the beetle bags.

Welcome!

Corbin seat, bags, Heli-Bar risers and Buell peg mod.

sh8bag_356s.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome!

:welcome:

I have: Corbin seat, Buell pegs, Heli bars and a 3/4 lift, Zero Gravity ST screen, Givi bags, and Progrip 719 grips.
All makes it quite comfortable IMO

:welcome:
I will tell you that the Busa is a better bike to travel on. Try riding the bike first before you go adding all these items. You may find the bike more comfortable than you think although I can tell you the more comfortable seat is a definate need. Just my:2cents:

comeing off of goldwings and a Dyna onto a Busa, i find the Busa pretty good for comfort. its faster too:cheerleader:

for tires go with the michelin Pilot Road 2s. I got around 10000 out of my last set, was only getting about 4000 out of the Pilot Powers. Great in the rain to.

Back