New Year's Day Ride/Scare

Something to keep ya in check BT. Glad to hear you'r allright.
Thanks.
beerchug.gif

If you want to go off-road buy a dirt bike...

Please be careful, don't end the year before it's started.

He was probley saying " Get off my land"
laugh.gif
That's why I never looked directly at him. I was afraid he was prolly yellin' at me or somethin'.
biggrin.gif
I just wanted to crawl under a blade of grass and hide!
biggrin.gif
Good Cop...bad farmer
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
poke.gif
I guess I'd have been proud to have him there to see it and call for help if I had actually had somethin' out there to hit!
wink.gif
The way it turned out I'd just as soon NOBODY had seen it.
blush.gif

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

Sounds like an inexpensive lesson. Hopefully, there are any more expensive ones. Slow 'dat a$$ down sum, bro'!

Sounds like an inexpensive lesson. Hopefully, there are any more expensive ones. Slow 'dat a$$ down sum, bro'!
Yeah, could've been costly and painful... Consider me slowed, bro.
wink.gif
At least I got in one last really good run on New Year's Eve before slowin' down for a while. Here's a pic of my back tire after the last two days of ridin'. Yesterday's sane pace actually smoothed them back down some from what they were after Friday's harder run. Chewed 'em up pretty good Friday.
wink.gif

Right side. Chicken strip is smaller than last time I posted tire pics... Gettin' it on over... Finally conquering my "bad side". Hangin' off a little when goin' hard right helped that problem...
38179512.jpg

Closer view (crop from the above shot)...

38179513.jpg

Left side...

38179514.jpg

Closer view (crop from the above shot)...

38179515.jpg

And a shot of the rolled up trailing edge of the tread in the center from a few WFO runs to the limiter through the low gears Friday... Those types of runs are in sane on the 10 with a 16t front sprocket.
firedevil.gif

38179519.jpg

wink.gif

Nice chicken strips .... you are riding the H E double hockey stick out of that ninja. Glad you and Diablo are okay after that over-shoot. I'm guessing that the fixation thing was more a result of mental and physical fatigue. I've noticed that after riding twisties all day ... by the evening I am tired and more prone to mistakes. However, I am an old man so maybe it's not like that for you young folks
smile.gif
Anyway ... I'm sure you'll go back to that same turn and do it right a few times, just to show it that you're da boss!!

That Harley in the photo is a Heritage Springer!

Lean that puppy over man and scuff up those edges! You have the 10,,,,,,,, all you need is to add "BALLS"
biggrin.gif

Glad you survived and took it to heart. I have been reading your posts for a while and listening to your high speed runs and cornering stories, I was beginning to worry about you becoming a bit over confident and hurting yourself. That 10 is a handfull and will bite you in the ass if you don't pay attention.

Remember, almost half of all the bike accidents are due to entering a corner with to much speed! Sometimes you don't get a second chance. You got lucky on that one, could have been a pecan tree dead center in your path! On the streets dude, don't overspeed your line of sight? It WILL eventually bite you in the ass!

I've got a feeling you'll be much more careful for a while. We learn by mistakes made by others but we learn best by our own!

Nice chicken strips .... you are riding the H E double hockey stick out of that ninja. Glad you and Diablo are okay after that over-shoot. I'm guessing that the fixation thing was more a result of mental and physical fatigue. I've noticed that after riding twisties all day ... by the evening I am tired and more prone to mistakes. However, I am an old man so maybe it's not like that for you young folks
smile.gif
Anyway ... I'm sure you'll go back to that same turn and do it right a few times, just to show it that you're da boss!!
Yeah, I'm tryin' to get more of my money's worth outta the sides of Diablo's tires than I did Train's. You may be right about the mental fatigue... or maybe just mental staleness after a slower paced ride than I've grown accustomed to lately. Maybe I let my mental guard down for the relaxed pace of the rest of the day and forgot to bump it back up when the pace picked up near the end.
drooling3.gif

Either way, you're right. I'll be hittin' that corner again soon... prolly this afternoon. I'm pretty sure round two will go a bit differently...
wink.gif

That Harley in the photo is a Heritage Springer!

Lean that puppy over man and scuff up those edges! You have the 10,,,,,,,, all you need is to add "BALLS"
biggrin.gif

Glad you survived and took it to heart. I have been reading your posts for a while and listening to your high speed runs and cornering stories, I was beginning to worry about you becoming a bit over confident and hurting yourself. That 10 is a handfull and will bite you in the ass if you don't pay attention.

Remember, almost half of all the bike accidents are due to entering a corner with to much speed! Sometimes you don't get a second chance. You got lucky on that one, could have been a pecan tree dead center in your path! On the streets dude, don't overspeed your line of sight? It WILL eventually bite you in the ass!

I've got a feeling you'll be much more careful for a while. We learn by mistakes made by others but we learn best by our own!
Yeah, I didn't realize just how "confident" I had become until I hosed that corner yesterday and got humbled. As I said, "WAKE UP CALL"...
wink.gif

As for leanin' it on over, I've got no problem havin' that much strip in reserve ridin' on the street. Let's me know that I can go further than I already have without runnin' out of luck if I ever need to. If I ever get it on the track, though, I'm gonna push it further just for the experience.
wink.gif

As for the 10 bein' a handful, it is, but that had nothin' to do with my boneheaded move yesterday. Ya know, stupid hurts even on a 600.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104688266 -->

wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Well BT, I'll just simply say that I'm glad you came out OK, because you seemed to have learned an important lesson and WILL take heed to it in the future.
wink.gif

Ya know, I had to wonder what went through the mind of the old guy on his tractor in that field. I never looked directly at him but I noticed that he stopped the tractor and watched me until I stopped in his field, rode back onto the roadway, and rode off. I bet he though I was done for.
biggrin.gif
I went prolly 100+ feet into the field. Not because I was goin' that fast, but becase it was smooth so I just babied the brakes so as not to lock a wheel up and slide on the grass. There was nothin' to hit and I was already off road so there was no reason to over brake and bust my butt.
wink.gif
I had already done everything but a frickin' stoppie back on the roadway. At least I still had it together enough to know not to keep the brakes nailed on the grass.
drooling3.gif
Lol... Lol...!!!
laugh.gif
I just found this video and it reminded me ov yesterday!!! Tooo funny!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

Ninja & Tractor Video

laugh.gif

Glad you made it through this unhurt. We don't need to read about any more riders going down. There's been enought of that lately.
blush.gif

Thanks God for the wake up falls BT. They shine a little light on who is actually in charge, us or the beast b/t our legs (LOL, no pun intended). Anyway I'm glad everything worked out bro, we've all sprained a few anus muscles in our day (THAT WAS A GOOD ONE BY THE WAY). Be safe.

BD

Back