New Track Bike

Congrats... good choice! You're gonna love it!
cool.gif

After riding the Busa, you'll be throwing that puppy into
the corners like it was a Tonka Toy!
wink.gif

No disrespect to any of you that keep saying to "keep the Busa", but...

I'm using the money that would have gone towards the Busa to offset the cost of the track days and parts. Until someone gives me enough money to cover those costs (i.e.<span style='color:red'>Full Sponsorship</span>) , or payoff my Busa, the plan stays the same. If you need an address to send the money to, PM me and I'll send you my address.
wink.gif
cool.gif

If you can't understand the decision I've made, then please do yourself a favor, and participate in a track day. I couldn't begin to explain the feeling of being able to ride for 20 minutes out of each hour with absolutely NO LIMITS or concerns about cagers/cops.

Try to imagine how much fun that special road is to you, and the feeling you get after you've blasted through the turns without an injury or ticket. That lasted typically about 5 minutes or so, right? (Unless you live in Cali.) Now, imagine being able to do that for 20 minutes straight and at the end of the day you've put about 200 miles on your bike in about 2 hours total time. Your mind is mentally exhausted as well as your body, but it has been one of the best days you've had in years.

This is when you start becoming hooked on track days, and this is what lead me to my decisions. It's been one of my lifelong dreams...Please let me try and live it before I die, or let me die trying.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119971850 -->

wink.gif

This is when you start becoming hooked on track days, and this is what lead me to my decisions.  It's been one of my lifelong dreams...
wink.gif
Doesn't take long does it STKR.. lol..

I knew I was hooked before I even got back to the start finish line on the warm up lap.

The only difference is I'm not as worried about balling the 'busa into a very pretty orange, gray, & white ball closely resembling playdoh.

I'd hate to do it.. but if it happens.. it happens.

What kinda prices were ya running into looking at already race prepped bikes if ya don't mind me being nosey STKR.

I think I got the Duc sold now and I believe the GSXR600 we talked about alittle in PM is still there.. just curious how much one already set up costed compared to one that was still virtually stock and un-corrupted.

Congrats, I think I am going to look for something about like that and keep my Busa off the track.

This is when you start becoming hooked on track days, and this is what lead me to my decisions. It's been one of my lifelong dreams...
wink.gif

I knew I was hooked before I even got back to the start finish line on the warm up lap.

The only difference is I'm not as worried about balling the 'busa into a very pretty orange, gray, & white ball closely resembling playdoh.

What kinda prices were ya running into looking at already race prepped bikes if ya don't mind me being nosey STKR.

I think I got the Duc sold now and I believe the GSXR600 we talked about alittle in PM is still there.. just curious how much one already set up costed compared to one that was still virtually stock and un-corrupted.
A "really" nice '01-'02 600cc track only bike with dam near every goodie you could think of is going to run you about $4K - $6K. Although I have seen some in the $8K range for dam near Pro-Level bikes...and that's used.

The one I got ran me around $2000 for everything. It's a few years older, but it's something that I can take to the track, and I'll worry more about my Speedmaster suit, and Arai helmet, than I will the bike.

A fairly stock bike that's prepped for the track with plastics and safety wire will run about $3K - $5K.

That is unless you buy a salvaged bike and build one yourself.
smile.gif
That is what I have in mind.

This is when you start becoming hooked on track days, and this is what lead me to my decisions.  It's been one of my lifelong dreams...
wink.gif

A "really" nice '01-'02 600cc track only bike with dam near every goodie you could think of is going to run you about $4K - $6K.  Although I have seen some in the $8K range for dam near Pro-Level bikes...and that's used.

The one I got ran me around $2000 for everything.  It's a few years older, but it's something that I can take to the track, and I'll worry more about my Speedmaster suit, and Arai helmet, than I will the bike.

A fairly stock bike that's prepped for the track with plastics and safety wire will run about $3K - $5K.
thumbs-up.gif

Like I said before, that's just a sweet deal and an awesome bike! Yous gots lucky with that find!
thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif

track days are TEN TIMES more fun and TEN TIMES safer than street riding. I challenge anybody to disbute those numbers
smile.gif

well if your looking for a stock track preped bike i have a 01 f4i with hindle full exhaust and it's all wired up and runs great only had one shot on it at the track but it's to far away to pursue alot of it so 2200 bucks and someone can have it it just sits him my shed now and collects dust it's a track bike only PM if anyones interested
Other wise i may just start tearing it apart to sell

Midnight...

If you post up an ad at http://www.nesba.com I'll bet you'll get some bites on it. Might even think about asking a bit more, but that's up to you.

Post it in the classifieds here too. Wish I would have known about it earlier...I've already commited to the gixxer.

Good Luck
cool.gif

I think i poisted in one of your threads about it but it may have gotten overlooked i have tossed around the idea of keeping it or selling it ya know how that goes if i ever wana do a track day it's there kinda deal and i don't have alot into it but the cash from it can always come in handy somewhere ya never know

Back