New Track Bike

Cool! Looks like a fun project. It's a shame you don't live closer so I could help with the paint.
wink.gif
Don't think I hadn't already thought about it
wink.gif

Honestly, if I were going to spend any length of time on the paint, I would need new plastics.  Some of the mounting holes are worn out and a few places are cracked.  I might just get some fiberglass mat and resin, then make up some new mounting areas.

Maybe I'll just go for the "Work in Progress" look.  Leave all the battle scars exposed.
laugh.gif
Good deal!
thumbs-up.gif

wink.gif

Looks like fun! Congrats on the trackbike! How about clear-coating the jetwashed areas? Would be bizarre to see that stuff shine.
rock.gif

Cool! I'd love to have a track bike...

That your Ultra-Classic in the backround?

Looks like fun! Congrats on the trackbike! How about clear-coating the jetwashed areas? Would be bizarre to see that stuff shine.
rock.gif
That would be interesting. Just go over the whole bike wetsanding everything, never worrying about a feathered edge showing up, and then clear coat the whole dam thing.

Cool Idea
cool.gif
I think that may just work for the first year.

Well, after doing some final preps for the upcoming diving adventure this week, I went out to the garage and was looking over the bike again. Mainly trying to figure out how to fabricate a new rear support for the tail section. The back half of the subframe is missing...It only supports the tail section, so no big deal.

While I was messing around, I started sanding on the tail section to see how easy the paint came off. Well, one thing led to another, and the next thing I knew, I was in the basement with the DA sander. Then somehow I ended up on the patio with a garden hose, and I was wet-sanding the whole dam tail section.

This is what I ended up with
cool.gif

The wife came home, and said...
"I knew you couldn't wait till next week"
laugh.gif

GSXR_600_011_copy.jpg

Since the rest of the bike's paint has either dry-spray, grit, or generally sucks...I will probably be sanding the whole friggin bike as time permits. This should make for some good converations at the track.
laugh.gif

Now, I just have to find someone that has a paint booth that I can use this winter. I sure as hell CAN'T do any worse than the last guy did. I just have to start reading up on how to properly prep/paint plastic, and what flex additives to use.

You lucky bastid !
tounge.gif
Dont forget to post some track videos of you gettn down on her
biggrin.gif

rock.gif
That would be interesting.  Just go over the whole bike wetsanding everything, never worrying about a feathered edge showing up, and then clear coat the whole dam thing.

Cool Idea
cool.gif
 I think that may just work for the first year.
Dude sez: Man, that paint job is really messed up!
stkr00: What choo talkin about, look how shiny it is!

Looks llike a great deal on the bike, but that paint does suck!
laugh.gif
Hope you enjoy it!

Back