New to the forum, and new to a busa!

kaleb

Registered
Hey guys. I just signed up today. Great forum! I'm glad to see theres a knowledgeable group out here to help out with future improvements or issues. I've just recently bought a 02 busa. I got it with 2900 miles on it and have been dumping money into it left and right..lol.

I have been riding for about 4 years now. I started with a 93 Katana 600. I bought it so when I dropped it (which I did, several times) it wasn't a terribly big deal. I rode that guy for several years until I felt comfortable enough with riding that I could buy a bike with one color of paint! haha.. So i went from a sluggish POS katana 600 to a beautiful hayabusa. I was scared to death! I knew it was a powerful beast, and I'd never rode anything faster than a new 600 before. Thankfully I've been able to take it easy on it, and learn the bike over the last few months without going crazy and killing myself. I'm amazed at the power this has, though. I put a power commander on it and mapped it for my exhaust. Seems to run significantly better now.. Anyway.. Just thought I'd say hello and post a couple pics of my bike.

Things that have been done to her;

Polished frame, chrome windshield, clear turn signals, recently added integrated LED taillight (not in these pics though), power commander, TRE, House of Colors Brandywine Candy paint, M4 full exhaust, some chrome pieces. I'm working on chroming it all out, but my lord it's expensive.

If anyone has any input or comments, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

busa_side_small.jpg

busa_front_small.jpg

Congrats and welcome! :beerchug: Looks like you've got a good start on all the modding.

I have seen that bike before. Was it on Ebay or Cycle Trader ?? Anyway, it is a beauty !!! I sure like RED Busa's !!!

Welcome to your newest addition and as well, to the family.

Love that color.

Congrats on your serious upgrade!!!

Nice, pix, too!!1

:welcome: nice scoot you got there... if you mind me asking... can i get that paint code ... i will be painting my mustang in a few weeks and that is the color I will like as part of my two tone...

board 24.JPG

Welcome to the addiction!:thumbsup: And alot of us also came from a Katana, and it is (imo) a very nice machine and refer to her as a girl and not a guy! :laugh: Have fun and ride her safe!

Back