New to the forum and new to the Hayabusa family

KingDC_88

Registered
What’s up everyone. I’m new to the forums and also new to the Hayabusa family and thank you for letting me join. I recently inherited a true 1999 (black and grey) Hayabusa. It has been sitting for a good while and I need to do a few maintenance things to it. What are common issues that you guys have ran into that I should attack to prevent from happening; and also what is the factory chain link count on the 99-07 chain?

DA85C823-A685-4CC1-9C3E-AD2360B4CD28.jpeg
43DE04FC-39D5-4E78-ADDE-52000A0A7483.jpeg

Nice example especially for a 20 year old. Missing only one reflector.:D There’s a few original owners that’ll chime in with their info about the fuel pump, rear frame, gauges and the 99’s unlimitedness.:laugh: What’s the mileage? Didju get a maintenance history with it?

Check for rust in the tank. Watch for odd running issues that stem from the fuel pump/filter set up which is why they changed it after 2000. Contact prior owner if posible they may have addressed the posible fuel issues already since it looks well cared for. If it runs well just enjoy it welcome.

Beautiful ride! Welcome to the forum :welcome:
Like others said, people have had issues with the external fuel pump setup and have converted to the newer in-tank pump setup. There is also some reports of the rear aluminum subframe cracking with a passenger or heavy luggage, but at the same time, others like the aluminum subframe because of how much lighter it is over the steel one that Suzuki switches to in later years. Post pics of the gauges showing the mileage, please. She looks great!

VERY nice bike, it looks well taken care of.

If it has sat for a long time, it all depends on how it was stored. If there was fuel in it all that time, expect a few woes as you sort that out with the pump, injectors, filters and lines. You may experience a few weeping gaskets and seals???

What’s up everyone. I’m new to the forums and also new to the Hayabusa family and thank you for letting me join. I recently inherited a true 1999 (black and grey) Hayabusa. It has been sitting for a good while and I need to do a few maintenance things to it. What are common issues that you guys have ran into that I should attack to prevent from happening; and also what is the factory chain link count on the 99-07 chain?

View attachment 1593712View attachment 1593713
Damn good looking bike.
What happened to the left side fairing decal ? It ran away.?
I love the early gen 1’s modern enough to fit in to present day and retro enough to be classic.
Everyone here will be happy to help you in any way we can.

Nice example especially for a 20 year old. Missing only one reflector.:D There’s a few original owners that’ll chime in with their info about the fuel pump, rear frame, gauges and the 99’s unlimitedness.:laugh: What’s the mileage? Didju get a maintenance history with it?
It was my uncles and he passed in August. It’s been properly maintained since new. He was on the waiting list for it back in 97-98 and bought it brand new in 99. As far as I know it had no issues except for the kickstand and a slow trickle leak from the clutch line along with a few cosmetic things. But other than that it’s strong solid bike.

Back