New to site, quick quesion

ZbornacSVT

Registered
Just want to say hello to everyone on here. I don't have a busa yet, but I am in the market to acquire one, just haven't found the right deal yet. So with that said, here is what I am asking of you guys.

What should I expect to pay for an 05 purple/black with 998 miles on it? Bone stock. Never laid down. No seat cowl or manual. Tool kit is there, but didn't check for completeness. Guy just decided it wasn't what he wanted and traded it in on a Ironhorse. Went to look at it yesterday, but it was tankless as they found a blemish in it and sent it to the painters. Part about that I don't like is they then raised their asking price $500. Not really sure what I think about that. So I guess I just wanted to see what all you guys, being in the know, feel this is worth.

Thanks.

-Kimball

<!--EDIT|ZbornacSVT
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139771611 -->

Purple & Black,$8000 would be a nice deal.Did they make the purple & black in 05?

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139771932 -->

You know i just was looking at that. It appears this is an 04, not an 05. Hmmmmmm. They are at 9,000 as is, but I have a few bargaining tools now as I think about it more. I know how much they have in it, and it is older than they are advertising.

-Kimball

Welcome. I'd go with NJ on this one...maybe 8K. I would ask a lot of questions about breakin and initial services - what sort of extras does it have?

I agree with NJ..'bout 8K.  The purple/blk was an '04 for sure.  Not sure I'd want a painted on tank.  I'd rather spend a few extra $ and just get a new one if it was scuffed up..just my .02

Oh, excuse my manners
alien.gif

Welcome to the board!!! Post pics when you get her!!

<!--EDIT|mjn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139774537 -->

Welcome to the site. I think middle of the road for an '04 is $8500.

990 miles??? I would say $9000 is fair, the only problem is, you can find a new '06 from some high volumn dealers for around $9500.00. Good luck finding what you want.

I saw an 05 yesterday for $10,100 , with 1,000 miles . Seemed pricey to me , but it was being sold by a car lot , not an individual .

I agree with NJ ....8 grand would be real nice for an 05 ....but only O.K. for an 04 .
Welcome to the site and good luck on that purchase !!
wink.gif

Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif
I would spend a few $$$ more and get a new one 05 or a 06
wink.gif

Thanks for all the welcomes!

I see what you guys are saying about the only a few more for a 05/06 at a high volume dealer, but there are none near me. Only one dealer per make for about 200 miles in any direction. No one budges on the MSRP because they dont have to. People pay it out here and it sucks. The local Kawi/Yama dealer puts stuff out over MSRP so they can haggle back down to MSRP. When there is less than 1,000,000 people in your whole state, no one deals in large volumes, lol. I need to weigh the benifits of buying here, paying more, but no tax, versus waiting till I move in the next year, paying less, but sales tax, too. I just dont know what to do.

-Kimball

The lads seem to have siad it all......  As far as you,re quesion gose.
cool.gif

SO i just like to welcome you to the( hayabusa org).. Lots a real good folk here that can help you with al most anything you can think of... and not
just bkies...

hope you stick around............. & I get to talk to/ya real soon.....

but for now  
newbie.gif
enjoy the madness...  
type.gif

jump9.gif

<!--EDIT|BUSA-MAN 24-7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139797425 -->

cd9288bf.jpg

Another question since you all seem to be very helpful. With the stock suspension settings am I going to be able to get the sag set where I want if I am 315ish? If not, what would I need to look into? Thanks

Welcome to the board. NJ seems right on with his price, as usuall he posts good info. Now, with that being said I guess I would say 8 or 9K for the 04 would be fine if that is the color you wanted...but if color wasn't a deciding factor, I would go with 05 or 06 model for a little more $$$.

Again, welcome to the forum, great place with great people
cool.gif

Not too fond of the color, but I got a guy that'll spiff it up for cost of supplies. So I am not tooo concerned with the current color. I am drooling all over the 06 Limited though
drooling3.gif

Man, go for the 06 than. You get to make sure it is broken properly, no paint to deal with and will hold re-sale value better. 06LE is a beauty...

I'd run man! Blemish in the tank?
rock.gif
Yeah right!
And like the guys above said, it ain't an 05, but an 04!
990 miles and no manual or hump?? What's with that?? Smells fishy to me. Sounds like a pure case of abused Busa to me! What other hidden problems would eventually surface after you bought it???
Buy new if you can afford it!!! I'd definitely run from this "deal"!

I am on the same page as you guys. I think at this point I will keep the dealer close enough so I can take it for a drive when the weather gets nicer/tank gets back. They already said I could, so... Never been on a Busa, so it should be a good opportunity to jump on one and see what at the hype is about, lol. I'll keep you guys posted on my hunt.

Any answers to that suspension sag question I had above?

-Kimball

FYI, I am picking my "new to me" Busa up this week. It is an 05 LE with 1502 miles, muzzy carbon fiber cans, k & n, pcIIIusb and zuki race jack for $9000.

Back