New to the site

nocturnal

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, just wanted to say what an awesome site you guys have going on here. I'm in the market for a bike again and plan on waiting to see what the '08 model does, if anything. Lately I've been cruising around utilizing the search button and learning things from others' posts already. There seems to be a mutual feeling of comraderie from everyone here which is a nice change from the flame boards of most car forums I post in. For that reason I decided to make a donation for $25 to the site yesterday. My question is how long does it take to recognize the donation to upgrade you to a Donating Member in the Member's Group? Reason I ask is because I tried to upload pictures in the Donating Member upload center and it says "Our system does not recognize your email address on our system" so I cannot upload larger pics or have the larger 96x96 avatar. Is this something an Admin can help me with?  
rock.gif

cool.gif

Also a big Semper Fi to all the devil dogs on the site! Hoorah!  I'll post pics of the Busa when I get it... in black.  
super.gif

Here's a pic of my old 'slow' 12-sec turbo ride.

driver_sidepnt.JPG

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the site!

You will not find a greater group of people anywhere.

Pro's and con's of waiting for 2008:

2008:
Pro-latest and greatest, fastest, most powerful.
Con- new model bugs and fixes, possible recalls and frustration, higher price

2007 and earlier:
Pro- Nine years without substantial changes, proven platform.
MASSIVE aftermarket support unlike any other bike ever built.
Prices should be great for new 2007 or even 2006 models still around.
Con- Not latest and greatest, fastest, most powerful.
smile.gif

Pro's & Cons noted. So is it certain that there will indeed be some changes for the 2008 model? I did some searching around and found some concept restyling on one thread and several threads rumored of a 1500cc engine but nothing I've found thus far is confirmed. Wouldn't by chance have a link I overlooked would ya?
SHOCKED.gif
I may very well pick up a late '07 model since it is a proven platform and already has a huge aftermarket following. I'm not that concerned about having the latest most powerful machine out there but it will be about eight months until I walk into the showroom with cash in hand.
super.gif
Being 6'3" and 225 even if there is some new 1500cc motor in it I'll most likely still get walked by someone on a 1300cc Busa that's say 5'8" 130lbs soaking wet.
all_coholic.gif
We shall see..

Welcome! This place is a blast... c'mon in and look around but it will take a while - the org is huge.

(dadofthree @ May 21 2007,20:53)

newbie.gif
and it's only a Neon, right
rock.gif

laugh.gif
That's right.  
biggrin.gif
SRT-4/Neon, same thing. Surprises a lot of people on the street. (In cars that is.)  
ices_rofl.gif

pass_sidepnt.JPG

(nocturnal @ May 21 2007,20:57)
(dadofthree @ May 21 2007,20:53)
newbie.gif
and it's only a Neon, right
rock.gif
laugh.gif
That's right.
biggrin.gif
SRT-4/Neon, same thing. Surprises a lot of people on the street. (In cars that is.)
ices_rofl.gif
Don't let Doyle read this. Nice ride dude
laugh.gif
and fastest color
wink.gif

laugh.gif

Doyle? Is he the one that has that orange SRT-4 w/Busa next to it in his sig? Fastest color, haha. Yeah it's all in the paint! 278hp/337tq...  nothing worth writing home about but a lot better than the stock 227hp/249tq it put down.

frontpnt.JPG

(nocturnal @ May 21 2007,19:37) Pro's & Cons noted. So is it certain that there will indeed be some changes for the 2008 model? I did some searching around and found some concept restyling on one thread and several threads rumored of a 1500cc engine but nothing I've found thus far is confirmed. Wouldn't by chance have a link I overlooked would ya?
SHOCKED.gif
I may very well pick up a late '07 model since it is a proven platform and already has a huge aftermarket following. I'm not that concerned about having the latest most powerful machine out there but it will be about eight months until I walk into the showroom with cash in hand.
super.gif
Being 6'3" and 225 even if there is some new 1500cc motor in it I'll most likely still get walked by someone on a 1300cc Busa that's say 5'8" 130lbs soaking wet.
all_coholic.gif
We shall see..
Nothing is certain until the big show in Vegas, all will be known in what, a week or two?
rock.gif

Damn...Michelle just realized that you may have PM'd her last week and she let this slide...

I'm so sorry man (going to check PMs now)...I was sick with the flu all last week and on dial-up at home...I just plain let it slide...

Thanks to Shawn for fixing this up!! If all of my drivel isn't about you, I need to go fix someone's status!
laugh.gif

beerchug.gif

'Eh, it wasn't you I ignored...it was another poor member...

My drugs are wearing me down it seems LOL And why am I talking to myself?!
all_coholic.gif

Back