new tires ? all purpose tire

ratedpg89

Registered
i am due for a set of tires again. i have been running oem tires and only getting about2300 miles out of rear. want to replace both front and back but i need more wear. i can put on 400-500 miles on my bike in a weekend. i ride approx 60-40 street riding to twisties . i ride this bike to work most days but i ride the twisties every chance i get. so do they make a sticky longer lasting tire? thanks guys

I suspect you are running your OEM tires low on pressure? That's usually the case with tires wearing out too quickly? If you want mileage go to a BT020. If you aren't dragging your knee they will work fine in the corners and give you really good mileage. Expecially if you run 40# of pressure. If you want sticky, you aren't going to get good mileage out of any tire. If you want the best of both worlds you may want to look at the BT014 dual compound. Really sticky at severe lean angles yet firm in the center for better mileage. I have heard of guys getting as much as 7K miles on the rear. I use them and I usually get 4500 to 5000 miles on a set. I ride them pretty hard and find them to be good track tires and great street tires.

<-- with Tufb ..on this .. +1 .. i've tried a lot of tires.. the best milage per is the 020's ..so far.. I run 38R/ 40F .. n can hang in the twisties .. ( then again.. im not a burnout fan )

I replaced my stock today... they lasted me about 2500 miles
blush.gif

I am about to replace my Continental ForceMAX set. I've got abot 7~K miles on them, more commuter than twisties. I close to edged them and they hold awesome. Much less $$ than most of the others and they are built for the Busa like the HPX and it's like.

Back