New Pit Bull Trailer stand

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
I've seen a lot of different types of trailer restraints but never one like this. Anyone have the 411 on these? CLICK ME TO GO TO PIT BULLS WEB PAGE.

TrailerRestraintSUP.jpg

Sonny, I can't imagine a quicker, better way to hold up a busa than the Baxley sport chock. You can also use a Baxley in the garage and the back of a truck without bolting it down. I would like to see a video of a person loading a busa in that stand. I would bet $$$ I can load mine in the baxley faster.

Hey Hal, you said you have put a Baxley in the back of a truck, were you referring to a pick up truck? I would have thought that you would need to somehow secure it. Might try it sometime if I could ever get the nerve to buy some ramps and try loading the 'busa, hate to sound like a wuss but the thought of dropping it is enough to scare me out of the attempt... Happy New Years, lets hope for many good rides in '08!
beerchug.gif

Sonny, I can't imagine a quicker, better way to hold up a busa than the Baxley sport chock. You can also use a Baxley in the garage and the back of a truck without bolting it down. I would like to see a video of a person loading a busa in that stand. I would bet $$$ I can load mine in the baxley faster.
Although I like Pitbull products, I have to agree here!!!!

I wanna see you do it with a busa by yourself. I bet it takes so pulling and grunting to get the rear of a 400lb bike up like that. Not to mention getting the rod through the axle etc etc etc. Seems like a real pain.

its by far to most practical/user friendly bike chock/stand out there
thumb_up.gif

Looks like a nice and sturdy product. It would probally take two poeple in the real world to use it though.

A friend of mine uses the pittbull rear spool stand and pushes a steel rod through the rear axle, then lifts the bike with that rod. The real wheel still touches the floor of the trailer, but has most of the weight off the tire.

A friend of mine uses the pittbull rear spool stand and pushes a steel rod through the rear axle, then lifts the bike with that rod. The real wheel still touches the floor of the trailer, but has most of the weight off the tire.
we have rear stands,tons more leverage. Tell your friend to get some spools and lose the rod through axle trick.

I guess only time is going to tell... My trailer is already set-up so I won't be in the market for these anytime soon. Just nice to see new ideas constantly flowing.

Although I like Pitbull products, I have to agree here!!!!
Have never personally used a Baxley, but think it would have to be quicker without the added effort.

sad thing is, I can't see you can actually use this type of stand WITH any type of front chock or stand because the bike would need to go forward into say a Baxley and then this stand would pull it backwards. I guess you could but you couldn'tsecure the front stand tot he floor.

Those that like to fabricate might find this idea interesting: Use the Baxley sport chock on the front of the trailer and build a rear mount simular to the new Pit Bull rear axle stand. Use a base with dual shear clevis mounts for each side of the bike and bolt it to the bed of the trailer. Use chrome moly tubing with an adjustable clevis joint at both ends. Run a rod through the center of rear axle and attach the heim joints after they have been adjusted for correct lenght. Install some quick release pins and your done. Loading the bike and securing it would be easy and fast and no more straps

well it is a one person load job.. It "might" be as quick as the Baxley if you consider that you need to strap the bike.

This just rolls in...

I am not exactly a big fan of a "single" point of attachment for anything in a trailer... I have over 1 million miles of trailer towing (racing, work and otherwise) and it seems Murphy's law is alive and well.. still a new idea that looks pretty neat..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back