Forward arm Pit Bull Stands

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone know if the forward arm Pit Bull rear stand will work on the Busa?  
rock.gif

This looks alot easier to balance the bike upright then just step on the arm.

Just wondering, I'm looking!

Look Here

Also, where's the best place to buy?

<!--EDIT|mzrsq
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092410106 -->

I currently use a forward arm Pit Bull stand for my R6 and am hoping it will fit the Busa. I should have some spools Friday, so I'll let you know if it works....keeping my fingers crossed!!

mzrsq...I'll pick up the spools tomorrow(Saturday) and give update.....don't fret!
wink.gif

thanks again TulBusa......................could ya get some pics?

.....and the verdict is........it kind of works. I put the spools on and put the stand under and it does fit. I then tried to put the bike up on the stand and I couldn't get the fat ass Busa the go up. I am either extremely weak or just don't have enough fat on my own ass to push the bar down so the bike will go up, this was no problem with my R6. So, I found a pvc pipe I had laying around(have no idea why) and stuck it on the end of the lift arm to make an extention for more leverage....and poof, bike went right up. So, to answer your question, yes it will work if you have enough ass or extend the lift arm.

Sorry, I don't have a camera to post pics....I need to have my girlfriend buy a digital camera for herself and then me use it....haha...sneaky!

So without being to forward, just how much arse to you have?
laugh.gif

Does adding the leverage bar come close to body parts or is there still pleny of clearance?

Anyways................5'8" 185 here..............is that enough arse
rock.gif

I'm not sure if I like talking about our arses, but if you must know...haha...I'm 5'10" and about 190lbs...so no, not enough arse. I just got lucky with that size of PVC pipe, I'll measure the length today and post it, but no, no problem with the length I had. Oh yes, the length did mess with the kick stand and I had to make sure the kick stand was up.

ok, here's the specs...the PVC pipe is 1 1/2" diameter and the length is 24 inches, but the pipe only sticks out 9" from the end of the Pit Bull bar. Even though it only took 9", it was nice that the pipe slide all the way down the bar for added leverage.

I realize it sucks to have to use something to extend the arm for me to get it work, but I can't imagine how hard it would be to hold up that heavy bike from behind to raise it on a rear stand.
crazy.gif

Back