Pit Bull Trailer Restraint System

I know you would have to strap with the wheel chock (any brand), but why would you think you need to strap using the pit bull setup? Something would have to break for the bike to move. I have put bull stands...they are not going to break.

Those Pit Bull Trailer Restraints are very popular up here. Lots of the race guys and some track addicts use them. I have the same 6x12 trailer you have and I'm toying with the same idea Baxley or Pit Bull. Either one works and you still should strap the bike down either way.

Flip a coin?

I agree dual purpose is nice, but I think I would always want the bike on the stands anyway? Went three times last year and if it was not on the track, most of the time it was lifted front and rear.

Good points one and all. I haven't picked yet, but don't plan on skimping on the tie downs.

I have baxley chocks bolted to the floor and e-track bolted through the floor to the trailer frame. slide the busa into the chock, lock it then tie off from the rear passenger pegs to the front of the bike and in about 3mins you are locked in. I swear you could flip the trailer and the bikes wont move :laugh:

really its all in what you like, but you are right dont go cheap you could regret it later if you are going to be in/out of the device often. And from what I hear having something you can take out and use at the track is quite helpful. :beerchug:

The only reason to use a tie down with the pittbull,.... the user wants a little mroe security. All things can fail. Adding 2 tie downs on the rear pegs only uses a few minutes of your life. Damage from a failed tie down system will consume your time and m income. Not to mention the friends bike next to it.
Don't need it, but you get some peace of mind. If you have seen a bike or bikes after one came loose inside a trailer, you would understand. It is a very ugly situation.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree about the piece of mind or faith in the restraints. I have seen a bike get over into the side of a trailer (not mine) and you are right it can get ugly. If I end up with the Pit Bulls I'll just have to evaluate the setup when I get the bike loaded up. Thanks!

You could get a baxley and a pit bull.... :whistle: Bike would have ultimate safety.

Both of them are too rich for my blood though :laugh:

If I were doing a lot of transport, that would be the way I would do it.
Expensive, yes but what's your bike worth and look at the ease of securing it time after time.

I've used both... If price were not an issue for me then I would absolutely go with the pitbull all the way. Once you drive your bike in there your done. No need for any other straps as the frame is locked in place. Using the baxley the front tire may be pinned but the rest of the bike is still free to bounce around, this is prevented with the pitbull.... When I get some dollars saved I will be getting the pit bull for my trailer...

I have the Pitbull stand and the Pitbull trailer system....would never use anything else. Love them too much!

Let me tell you that after thousands of miles loged with my pitbull it is the best most secure way to go. Worth every penny. Even on the worse roads and even better theres no suspension compression. Go for it. Heres a little pic of mine for ya,

PART_1296055927061.jpg

I'm about settled...Pit Bull for me. Now I just need to go water my money tree a bit. This is going to hurt.

Let me tell you that after thousands of miles loged with my pitbull it is the best most secure way to go. Worth every penny. Even on the worse roads and even better theres no suspension compression. Go for it. Heres a little pic of mine for ya,

Back