New part ideas for Busa? For my cnc machine shop.

wouldn't the non pipe side be the left side of the bike?

Ah,yep... I used the right side I had laying around to show more clearly what I was talking about ...I also would send the right side to him so he could get the correct measurements for the filler/exhaust bracket

I have some nice billet round stoch on order right now should be here in a week or so. I think the pipe bracket replacing the rear peg will be first.

I have a few questions about the pipe mount to peg area. Is this a pipe that goes higher then stock? Does the pipe have a bolt to area in this spot? Can you post a picture of the pipe bracket that it has if one? I can order some molding putty and send it to someone what you would have to do is hold the pipe where you want it and mash the putty to the pipe and to the bike then remove it will harden and send it to me I can model it from there into a cad/cam system and print one out in plastic and send it to you if that sample bolts on and fits perfect then I would do a few in a production run on spare time for the heck of it. What I would do is laser mark your name on it and "prototype sample do not use" on the back to cover me.

Mine has a Muzzy on it that bolts to where the stock pipe goes. There is also a adjustable mounting tab about an inch long to connect from the rubber mount on the end of the foot peg to the band clamp on the pipe, I'm sure this will cover any slight variance to at least +/- 1 inch. plus the band clamp is also adjustable. Heres a picture

rear foot peg plug& exhaustmount 002.jpg

rear foot peg plug& exhaustmount 003.jpg

Are you trying to raise your pipe or just make a nicer mounto that excludes the peg?

Just nice mount that excludes the peg,Kris has 3 ruptured disks, that don't allow her to ride anymore so I wanted to eliminate the rears and smooth the look of the tai sectionl

Gotta head to the shop for a while, have about 500ft of oak trim I have to stain & poly before monday. Be back about 11:00 pm CST, didn't wana leave ya hangin':whistle:

Cool I will put some thought into it tomorrow and see what I can come up with should be pretty nice since it is as easy as they come as for the bracket I think that is the same as mine so I can just use mine for all the numbers. Send me an email to jeepinocala@windstream.net with you address and I will send you what is called a rapid prototype part for you to decide on, it is a plastic model made in a machine called an objet "3d plastic printer" we use it to test ideas it will be an exact copy of what I model.

I would be in for stock location exhaust mount was actually thinking of just shaving the passenger peg mount off the factory piece just leaving the exhaust hanger.

Exhaust mount.jpg

That is a what I was thinking, I like the Idea of the filler piece on the left hand side of the bike aswell, for the ones that have went to a 4 into 1 system if you remove the left side mount you leave a hole in the body where the mount use to be.

Cool I will put some thought into it tomorrow and see what I can come up with should be pretty nice since it is as easy as they come as for the bracket I think that is the same as mine so I can just use mine for all the numbers. Send me an email to jeepinocala@windstream.net with you address and I will send you what is called a rapid prototype part for you to decide on, it is a plastic model made in a machine called an objet "3d plastic printer" we use it to test ideas it will be an exact copy of what I model.

I'll send addy to your email in AM, thanks in advance for all the effort and time your putting in this:bowdown: You must have an amazing shop at you disposal, I would guess that you make alot of hip,knee, and shoulder replacement parts?

Production makes all the parts we design model and build the prototype implants and instrument prototype parts to install the implants.

Yeah I was thinking of the weight but the stock one is what reg alum? Then what I was thinking of is just making it out of radel plastic. Now this that we are talking about it the side that is just a block off. The other will either be titainium or t6 7075 billet.

Back