New part ideas for Busa? For my cnc machine shop.

jeepinocala

Registered
:whistle: Ok guys I have a cnc machine in my shop that is going to have no work for the next two months and I want to build something new for my Busa. My machine has a fourth axis so I can do alot on it and if needed I have alot of other machines to use but most are being used often so no I dont want to build a turbo or anything like that I was thinking of some frame sliders or somthing in that pretty simple form. I have material like titanium,billet alum and alot of 17-4 SS of course the titanium is the lightest and most prefered since one of my coworkers is a master polisher. Give some ideas.

why dont you build a "buell" peg that we can just bolt on? pretty simple in design and plenty of prototypes around.. make sure you make an extra set for me :) may as well do rears too...

if you decide to do this, I can send you the ones off my bike (parked for winter) to measure up or I can get specs for you..

perhaps build them as a two piece ? (replaceable peg on a slider type bracket so you can adjust how low to go?)

gallery_4208_389_217810.jpg

Last edited:
Those look real simple alot more fun then the bone drill I made today. What makes them better then the stock ones? I want to know because I work with over 30 engineers in a medical company and am sure I could improve those. Yeah if I decide to build them I will build an extra set. Might be easier to make out of 17-4 ss and just surface heat treat them. I will look and see if I have enough titanium to do a couple of sets that material is not cheap but I do have some scrap I can check. I would want just some reference dimensions if possible.

Send a pictur to me, I ride bikes but dont know all the part names but I am pretty sure that I may go with the fppt pegs they seem like an easy project.

I know the does not require allot of effort but how about a Air Filter cover with the Kanji milled into it pretty simple and would look good when you lift the tank just pull the ait filter and take spec's from that :beerchug:

Those look real simple alot more fun then the bone drill I made today. What makes them better then the stock ones? I want to know because I work with over 30 engineers in a medical company and am sure I could improve those. Yeah if I decide to build them I will build an extra set. Might be easier to make out of 17-4 ss and just surface heat treat them. I will look and see if I have enough titanium to do a couple of sets that material is not cheap but I do have some scrap I can check. I would want just some reference dimensions if possible.
They move your foot position down about 1.5" and back about 1"

This is a common mod for guys that ride long distance.. makes a world of difference for most.. The "cast" buell peg is about $30 and it takes about 20 minutes to modify the thing for use on the Busa..

I will get some dimensions for you

Last edited:
Hell better yet get a set of Vortex Adjustable rearsets and make something simular to that that would be Nice as well

Dont forget how expensive titanium cost so when you give an idea think about how big the material needs to be. Better yet go search some up and get a cost that will give you an idea. The parts to raise the pegs sound simple and cheap I have checked the pegs and most of the material I have in stock as scrap is no thicker then 1" I will price some tonight. If you have an idea try to post a picture if you can. The first of the year I am ordering a new tig welder so then I will work on an air box.

and btw, what kind of "cnc" machine do you have?

Many guys here work with them...heck I have a cnc Taig mill in my basement.

Back