New part ideas for Busa? For my cnc machine shop.

You know they just passed some new laws against thoes vertical plates here. !000 fine first offense pretty stupid if you ask me. If I do a plate holder I would want to wait for a break,roller,shear I just ordered these for sheet metal but they should be here in a few weeks.

How about a filler piece to remove the rear foot peg bracket on the left and a filler/exhaust mount on the right for drag racers or solo riders. Just something to fill the hole, and follow the body line like it was never there. I think this would be very popular???
Maybe cheap & easy, you know the type:laugh:

rear foot peg plug& exhaustmount.jpg

A possible good idea could be to make a block off plate to replace the right passenger peg and the pipe mount would be simple. But for a pipe mount I would need to get sizes right off the bike and pipe to make it fit like stock. I will start with two block off plates for the rear pegs on a busa I have an 06 so that is where I will get the #'s off of. I will post a picture or two soon may even send a sample of it we have a 3d printer.

A possible good idea could be to make a block off plate to replace the right passenger peg and the pipe mount would be simple. But for a pipe mount I would need to get sizes right off the bike and pipe to make it fit like stock. I will start with two block off plates for the rear pegs on a busa I have an 06 so that is where I will get the #'s off of. I will post a picture or two soon may even send a sample of it we have a 3d printer.

I'd be happy to donate the right side in the pic, PM me your addy.

design a bracket that would allow the Gen 1 front brake mounting points to permit radial mount calipers.

or make a larger (volume wise) air box that mimics the large box mod. create mounting points so an off the shelf air filter can be used.

most everything else has already been done a few times.

design a bracket that would allow the Gen 1 front brake mounting points to permit radial mount calipers.

or make a larger (volume wise) air box that mimics the large box mod. create mounting points so an off the shelf air filter can be used.

+1 for the caliper mounts...

yoyodyne already makes the bracket FYI

airbox...big $$$$$$$$$

+1 for the caliper mounts...

Hate to step on my own feet, but this would serve a much bigger crowd than a appearance up grade.
BTW,for this too, the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office has all the forms and applications, and backround research information online, there is a application and a filing fee though. If you make some caliper mounts to make this conversion, this would really be a seller- great idea:thumbsup:

Opps just seen S4L's post, I need to type faster

Last edited:
Hey I am not going to go for any patents it is not worth it anything I make for bikes is just prototype and killing my spare time last night I ordered some billet round stock for a few of the ideas but think that I will first make the pegs one of our engineers said he will give me some help on designing them. I figured I will see what comes up first and we have a 3d printer so I can print a sample before I machine one to show you guys what we came up with I guess we should have one in 1 to 1 and 1/2 weeks printed up. I will do a few types and this will be desinged off my 06 busa. My question is from stock pegs what mods would you like to see besides lowering them?

Well here's something i have been wanting to do, but dont have the tools to do it, how about a better looking rear footpeg bracket, kinda like the gsxr's heres a pic saomething like this maybe more tubular....i think the stock busa's are ugly on the gen 1's..

rearpeg.jpg

Back