CNC machines parts

I work for a cnc machining shop and we do alot of parts and prototypes from different tyes of allows but mostly aluminum. Asking for any ideas on ANYTHING that maybe you cant ind in billet aluminum , or something that doesnt quite have the right engraving or something on. Any parts you can think of for the hayabusa that can be machined out of aluminum or would like to see a replacement made out of aluminum. Going to do alittle custom work myself but just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Let the ideas flow
biggrin.gif

I was thinking of bar ends but steel or some sport of heavy material then chromed. Lightweight bar ends are going to give you MAJOR hand pump after riding for alittle time . look cool but have the shakes and cramped up hands from the vibrations. Just a warning if you ride alot

I was thinking of bar ends but steel or some sport of heavy material then chromed. Lightweight bar ends are going to give you MAJOR hand pump after riding for alittle time . look cool but have the shakes and cramped up hands from the vibrations. Just a warning if you ride alot
Man, you hit the nail on the Head. I like the look of some of the aftermarket barends, but way too much vibration. If you could get some nice looking barends, that were as heavy or heavier than stock that would be cool!

most of our machines are only 3 axis have a few that are only 2. And one of the first things i tried was a cool looking barend that was rounded with the kanji logo on the ends , tried it out before i did the engraving and the vibration was just to much. My next was looking into a set of barends from steel or another hard alloy like Inconel or a high forged stainless steel. Again with added weight over stock if possible. With the same concept of the rounded barends and logo on the sides. Also thought of maybe a black abrasion and scuff resistant coating like a rubber or poly coating then the logo engraved afterward so ends would be black and logo would have the stainless steel or chromed look. Just getting ideas i can work with after things slow down around the shop.

Good call,I think I will make them outta stainless.
I didn't realize the less weight issue would add vibration.
Although I am used to having the $hit shaken outta me from riding the Harleys fo soo long!!!  LOL

Thanks for the 'heads up' on that one.

<!--EDIT|brendanp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136237974 -->

Can't go wrong with the standard plate re-locators and chain guards.... what about stem stands or other mounting plates...lot of people have been asking about them...

frankenstien bolts to replace the ones on the tail fairing, something blunter with an extended flang on it to take hooks better without meesing up the paint.

Better yet, a seat/hump replacement panel that can act as a hold down mount for accessories, maybe with a built in back rest for the rider. I have a Renntech rack that bolts to the handrail holes, it sticks out and does not have the space I was looking for. Something similar but with a flat deck going back from the rider out over the tail some and tapered back, kind of like a yield sign in shape.

too wierd...?

nice ideas and ill check into all of them and see what i can come up with , keep more coming
biggrin.gif
. question on the seat/hump tho. You mean just a flat aluminum panel that mounts down where the hump/seat goes? with like holes or some sort of mounting system for tie downs? may be ble to put a removable piece that can be used as a back rest. Sorry just trying to get a better idea of what you mean. Also with the double stem stand it may be possible with two flat mounting plates.

How about an adjustable brake arm with hayabusa engraved on it... +1.. because I need 1
biggrin.gif

Hell your getting a PM. I really need 1 for a 4-6 over adjustable swingarm
tounge.gif

Yes on the seat panel... It could have a set of slots with matching sliders to hold down variable loads. similar to the hold downs on the CNC rail. It could either use a seat mount or replcae the seat panel and bolt to the handrail mounts, that would be more secure. So, with that said, it would need and under panel that "seals" the under seat area, locks to the seat lock, and rests in the hand rail mounts. This will secure it while allowing access to the under seat area and the support of the handrail mounts. The sliders allow flexibility when strapping various loads and the wieght is not as fair back as a regular rack. A removable back rest flange will add to comfort when touring as well.

I like a simple *cough* idea...

Any hayabusa part WITHOUT busa/hayabusa/kanji on it.

I`m not buying those just because all of them with some engraving. I love my bike to death but tired of 1000 little )or not so) branding on each end every part.

Just imagine your toyota with toyota engraved everywhere...
smile.gif

bullet alluminum, not polished, not chromed, not powdercoated.... = cheaper price = more sales.

Back