Homemade risers?

KrunkyTB

Registered
Anyone made there own risers? Looking for some dimensions to make my own, like centerhole measurments and OD , how long of bolts and thread, what grade of alluminum etc.  Got alot of machine shops around that are very nicly priced, and I can have in a couple hours!  Any info appreciated, thanks all!
newbie.gif

has anyone tried modifying there stock tree clamp for lowering, just by boring out more area for the forks?

Save yourself some time and money by stacking together some washers to your desired height.  You can get alittle fancy by glueing the washer together and color match painting usning a $3 aerosol autopaint purchased from walmart. As for new bolts, go to you local nut and bolt distributor and have them match up your stock bolts tensil strenght using longer bolt to accomodate the height you've chooen to go with. I would recommend stacking no higher than 1.5".

This is what I've done to both of my Busa's with no problem over the past 6 yrs.  
super.gif

Hey Tom I just notice you're from Columbus, cool. Columbus bolt and fastner will have everything you need. Theres one up North and the other near downtown.

If you need any help with the install just holla!

614) 410-6670
7099 Huntley Rd # 101, Columbus, OH

1150 Chesapeake Ave, Columbus, OH 43212
Phone: (614) 486-6670

Nice, good to see someone close, Thanks for numbers there, do they do machine work as well for the spacers? Also, would anyone happen to have a Actual size drawing of rear lowering links? 1-3 inch or the dimensions to give to machine shop. Im not about to buy the links for 60 bucks from ironpony because they have the hayabusa logo on em! I'm on a tight budget while wife is in school!

They only sell parts, no machine work available, but the washers I suggested using will work fine, trust me. Also, I have a spare set of lowering links you can use for measuring.

Thanks, Ill have to hit ya up so i can trace em, Watson's in groveport does nice machine work for resonable prices!

I can do better, I'll have my boy BBBUSA make a mech drawing for you.

Thanks Rythm! If i can figure the formula i can add more holes to slam it, but with spacers im limited on lenght I can evenly drop it. Where is everyone meeting for races? Havent been into bikes long and all the places I knew where when i was racing imports.

(KrunkyTB @ Sep. 20 2007,13:11) Thanks Rythm!  If i can figure the formula i can add more holes to slam it, but with spacers im limited on lenght I can evenly drop it.  Where is everyone meeting for races?  Havent been into bikes long and all the places I knew where when i was racing imports.
You don't want spacers then. I would suggest using some clip on's removing the top tripple tree or you can go cheaper with less versitality on rider adjustment and go with an aftermarker tripple tree from PMR

Feasible way to go !
http://pmrcomponents.com/

Trick azz way to go !

In the second link, to save money use your original bottom piece after removing your tripple tree and use the part below to cover the unsightly metal piece for $70 click here  to view

SCP01-04.jpg

Instead of spending $325 for this part used in the second link provided earlier. Click here to view.

STC01-02.jpg

Heres what the bottom plate will look like after you remove your tripple tree if you go with clip on's. You can either use one of the two option I listed above.

Click to view.

Nice, I like the look of my LE Tree, so it looks like the most ill be able to lower is 1.5 inch front / rear, ill prolly just do 1 inch in both, and see how i like. Just spacers in front, which hopefully gives more comfort with clamp up higher. But one inch in front and rear seems a good place to start. Thanks for hooking me up with all the info, saved all for when money isnt so tight!

No sweat Playa! Heres a photo of my jerry rigged riser with black electrical tape wrapped around them instead of painting them, I was too lazy and was in a hurrry. LOL

JerryRig.jpg

Yeah Rhythm get the the links, and I'll send him a dwg.

You cannot bore out the stock upper clamp because you would be boring through part of the bar clamps on each side. You need to replace the upper clamp with one of a myriad of different choices to give you the most flexibilty. You can add spacers as has been stated.

As far as races goes, there are a couple tracks around here, particularly out east there's one called National Trails. That's where there LEGIT racing happens.

i used steel spacers from lowes 1.5" tall painted black and bolts off line

Back