Lowering Linkage DIY Question

DTechnologies

Registered
First time poster, long time reader...

I'm building up my bike for go instead of show (for now) but I'm trying to save as much green as possible.

I'd like to make my own rear lowering links but don't know the dimensions. Does anybody know the measurements (hole to hole, hole diameter, thickness, etc) so that I can save a few bucks and lower my times at the track?

Thanks

Dave

Nobody local sells them unfortunately...and any dealer who can get them doesn't stock them.

If I buy a pair I'll just get a good anodized set and be done with it...but I'd rather make my own though.

Anybody???

E-mail me and i'll send you a photo copy of the lowering links I got

I'm wary of buying ebay lowering links Sane_Man...I'm worried many of them are super cheap.

I've also noticed that some of them both raise or lower the bike. I want the links which lower the bike 1.5 or 3 inches.

I bought $15 ones from Ebay to lower my wife's YZF600. Same thickness metal as the OEM link. The three hole version is what you need. The first hole is stock height, the 2nd & 3rd hole is 1.5 and 3" lowering holes.

For $100 you can get links with threads so you can lower to any height you want with the link still on the bike.

I almost picked up a pair of adjustable links from Terry McIntosh of McIntosh Machine for my FZ1. Very high quality.

I'd rather make my own though. I need my cash to finish my streetfighter mods.

I suppose if I can't get any dimensions to make my own, I'll have no choice.

I don't think there is any big deal in making your own. Use your stock dogbone link as a template and just lengthen your replacement link and just make the next hole 1/2" from the first hole for 1-1/2" drop. The geometry is a 3:1 ratio, so 1/2" on the dogbone equals a 1-1/2" drop.

You will have to raise the forks in the triple tree clamp to keep the bike level, but on the Busa you will have to put spacers between the top plate and triple tree, or swap top plates, or enlarge hole in top plate so the forks can come through.

You will also have to shorten the sidestand after you lower the bike.

Hope this helps.

Back