Another lowering thread...not what you think

Altec

Registered
As some of you know since I got my 05 in November last year I've been plagued with some common physical difficulties after varying periods of riding. These including back aches, numb hands, muscle spams, etc. Mostly the typical stuff you hear about regularly.

I recently installed a pair of heli bars and noticed they DID make a world of difference, however I still seem to get the lower back pain and instead of my throttle hand going numb its my clutch hand.

Since I haven't ridden in many years I thought maybe the problem was my riding posture. I thought I might be too stiff in the upper body and bearing too much weight down on the wrist area, but I don't believe that is the case. I've been very cognizent of my riding position and to make sure my arms are relaxed and bent and in fact I try to get into the crouch as often as possible to limit putting the weight down on them.

I was thinking that my next step was to somehow lower the bike.

So we have option (1) which is lowering links or we have option (2) a tobins seat.

I think I prefer option #2 since it doesn't require any wrenches, but I guess the question I have is, do you guys think this will help to alleviate the wrist pains or back aches or should I just go ahead and order some links.

In my mind cutting the seat down 1.5 - 2" should be the equivalent of lowering the rear of the bike, yes?

Any input would be appreciated!

Your right on that one Altec!!!

Cutting the seat in will give you the same effect as reducing the links...
smile.gif
The added advantage with the seat option is that, Tobin Seats will help you make your HOT bike look hotter
biggrin.gif

Back