Vortex Lowering Links

Wild07

Registered
I just purchased my 07 'Busa last weekend. I ordered a set of Vortex 3 hole links (LL513) and was going to install them tonight, but it looks like in the upper position(stock height) the links are too long. I went through the first 5 pages of a search for lowering links, and found nothing about fitment issues, with one exception. The one I did see the onwer had chopped off the 3rd hole, leaving the stock height and -1.25. I dont want to do this, as I dont see the point in ruining a brand new set of links.

So, I guess my question is this- Those of you with Vortex links installed, how did you get the clearance @ stock height? Did you trim the belly pan bracket or did you whack the lower hole off? At the -1.25 hole, it looks like everything will fit with room to spare, but I will spend some time up high still.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I bought the links for the adjustability. I like the way it handles at stock height, but will be dragging it lowered this year also. I'm not going to be running it at stock height much, but I like to know I can put it up there and not have to hack up my links. Not to mention this years winter royally boogered up our roads and there are quite a few that I'd be concerned with it lowered.

I'm not 100% sure about Vortex lowering links, but the many other brands,including the APE's I have on now are set-up as -1", -2", -3". You may want to check the length against your OEM links. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but I haven't ever seen any 3 hole lowering links that are set-up at 0", -1", -2". Did I read you post correctly?

I'm not 100% sure about Vortex lowering links, but the many other brands,including the APE's I have on now are set-up as -1", -2", -3". You may want to check the length against your OEM links. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but I haven't ever seen any 3 hole lowering links that are set-up at 0", -1", -2". Did I read you post correctly?
Brocks%20S-13_350.jpg

1300 Hayabusa Lowering Links (set) 99-08
SKU: S13-LL-SET

(1) Set 3 Hole Adjustable Links
# Position #1 - Stock
# Position #2 - 2" Lower
# Position #3 - Slammed

Also fits:

SV650 (99-02)

Plenty of links come with stock height as an option. Not many people use this height but it makes buying a new set less of a decision knowing you can always go back to stock by changing the mounting hole rather than uninstalling and reinstalling i guess. I see what your saying though...

Yeah, it makes buying them less of a decision if I want to stick it back up in the air, but the links look like they're going to be smacking the frame by about .25-.385". I doubt it will be up at stock height much if at all after I put them on, but it'd be nice to know I can do it without taking a whack into my frame or chopping off part of my links. I'll try to post pics of what I'm talking about tomorrow.

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
S-R Racing @ Mar. 21 2008 said:
1344539[/ATTACH] PM]
Brocks%20S-13_350.jpg

1300 Hayabusa Lowering Links (set) 99-08
SKU: S13-LL-SET

(1) Set 3 Hole Adjustable Links
# Position #1 - Stock
# Position #2 - 2" Lower
# Position #3 - Slammed

Also fits:

SV650 (99-02)

Plenty of links come with stock height as an option.  Not many people use this height but it makes buying a new set less of a decision knowing you can always go back to stock by changing the mounting hole rather than uninstalling and reinstalling i guess.  I see what your saying though...
Thanks for update, I never knew... Looks like a better choice too, when I first set mine down @-3",the bike felt great on the launches but rubbed on the undertail. Kinda wish I had a set of those now.LOL

zzwhip.gif

Just a quick update on the Vortex links-- I put them on, and the left side link rubbed a little bit on the underbelly bracket, so I just trimmed it a touch. Other than that, they were a cakewalk and looks great droped 1.25.

Do they make links that have +1", 0" (stock) and -1"? Or something close with a higher, stock and lower set-up?

These are the links I just ordered.
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-08-HAYABUSA-3-Hole-Polished-Lowering-Links-Dog-Bones_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2e
m153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ35592QQihZ001QQitemZ110237049320" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....7049320</a>

I like these because they go stock, 1, 2.5 inches.

Back