Sliders

Ruben

Donating Member
Registered
I want to make my own custom sliders at the machine shop here at work. Can someone provide me measurements of ID and OD and mating surface OD etc.
Also the difference so that the left and right sliders are equally exposed after installed.
I can make these out of Aluminum, Stainless, or maybe Titanium .... Have to find an old titanium aircraft bolt thick enough to do this.
I could just buy a pair but they all have uequal fit after install from what I've seen. Plus it'll entertain me with something to do when bored. Thanks
smile.gif

Ruben, I'd say pop of your fairings and take a look in there first.

The left seems to be about .5" longer than the right, at least thats what I see with mine.

I'd turn em out of delrin or something to, maybe aluminum with delrin inserts.

Titanium?
Man, those things would spark like Vman's pucks
bowdown.gif

I should have explained this before....

I am in Iraq working as an aviation maintenance contractor. I don't have the means to check myself unless I order a set to measure them. If someone here can remove and measure them I could make several sets on my off-time.

Heck... I'll even make a set for whoever post the measurements and will ship a free set of sliders once completed.

Working on this for you as I type this. . .
beerchug.gif
Is this what you needed.

the left slider will be 2 1/2" long and right 3" because of the off set of the engine

I will post a couple more photos

Slider5.jpg

Slider3.jpg

Slider2.jpg

Slider1.jpg

As stated in my last post some sliders are longer than others to compensate for the engine offset.

DSCN0002.jpg

DSCN0001.jpg

Let me know if you need anything else.

Ok, Ruben...

Sorry I missed the boat on your post man and thanks for your service to our country!

Here are some pics of some very long sliders I just bought. They are probably needlessly long so we may need to depend on other measurements, from others, to get a decent length but these are what I would use so as to be sure not to get anything scraped up in low speed or stationary fall.

Overall Length Left

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Overall Length Right:

Outside Diameter

Shoulder Diameter (ok, maybe this aint a shoulder, but you get the picture eh?)

How far these protrude! I'd shorten them about an inch if it were me at the lathe... Also consider they have a 1" delrin cap that threads into the end!

Hole through the inside (bolt hole) is .470" with an internal shoulder for the bolt head. Shoot me a PM if you need any more measurements and I'll help you out further!

I sandblasted and placed a crappy carbon fiber decal to those in the pics but you should be able to turn some good examples from what you have here!

I'll be waiting for a PM for my Titanium set
jump9.gif

I removed .500 from one slider so that both protruded from the fairing the same amount.

Awesome... Exactly what I needed to this. But need one more measurement. Measurement between the surface where the bolthead makes contact and the mating surface of the slider to the frame.

I will post up pictures and will make the first 2 sets for HeavyBusa and YH2K to test fit.

Then I'll make mine and a couple extra once they test fit ok.

(Ruben @ Apr. 10 2007,01:53)  Measurement between the surface where the bolthead makes contact and the mating surface of the slider to the frame.
Roger that!

Right = 1.03"
Left = 1.365"

egitarre77.gif

I think thats all I need...

Still havent found titanium with 2.5" diameter but will go check with the Chinook CH-47 guys. If not then stainless and aluminum is what I'll use.

Thanks and I will PM YH2K and HeavyBusa here soon when I get them done.
beerchug.gif

Back