New owner saying hi

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. I've been hitting up the search engine here and finding all kinds of information, but still have lots of questions. I'm not the most mechanically inclined guy in the world, but I do try to work on my toys...

I wasn't given much info on the bike when I as the previous owner bought it as a first bike, had it three weeks and got spooked. Chain, brakes, bolts, cables and oil all look good. The bike has a 4-into-1 Brocks megaphone.

I finally got around to lifting the tank this morning and noticed no Power Commander. Also the bike has a stock air filter and no airbox mods. Is there any way to know if the bike has been tuned for the exhaust since there is no PC? It seems to run fine, but I do notice a flat spot at lower rpms in 1st and 2nd.

I did the marble mod I found on here this morning since I was having some backfiring issues while downshifting, but haven't taken her out to test due to football/beer :beerchug:. Thanks again for the warm welcome and great forum!

First :welcome:

I didn't see anybody answering your question so I wanted to comment on them. The PC could be installed under your seat so you may want to check that. Tuners could also flash the ECU and the only way to tell that is by hooking up the ECU to your computer and "seeing" what's on there.

Drive safe. I'm down in the Tucson area on a pretty regular basis since my parents live there. We will have to get together one weekend and ride. :thumbsup:

First :welcome:

I didn't see anybody answering your question so I wanted to comment on them. The PC could be installed under your seat so you may want to check that. Tuners could also flash the ECU and the only way to tell that is by hooking up the ECU to your computer and "seeing" what's on there.

Drive safe. I'm down in the Tucson area on a pretty regular basis since my parents live there. We will have to get together one weekend and ride. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the answer Nick, and you got a deal on the ride. I'm a little farther south, right outside of Ft. Huachuca in Sierra Vista, but can definately head up to Tucson for a ride. I hear Mt. Lemon is a good one....:thumbsup:

Back