New owner saying hi

AZBen

Registered
Hey everyone. Ben here from sunny southern Arizona. Just picked up my "new to me" 06 Busa about a week ago and have been too busy riding to get on here and introduce myself.

Been riding off and on for about 18 years, but the Busa is my first bike since my daughter was born (5 years), when my wife "suggested" I get rid of the trusty old ZX9R. Also have owned a YZF750R, CBRF2, and started back in college in '91 on a Ninja 250.

Love the Busa so far! I'd been riding a buddy's 06 GSXR1K and was considering a liter bike, but glad I chose the Busa. Hoping to do a little touring around the southwest along with the work commute and weekend twisties, so it just seemed like the jack-of-all-trades. Besides, got a heck of a deal, wife gave the green light, so it was time. :cheerleader:

Anyway, sorry to make such a long first post. I've got quite a few questions but will save for later. Working on the marble mod this morning before football....

019.jpg

:welcome::welcome:good you had so much experience:beerchug:
Thanks! Nothing I've owned though comes close to this bike....I'm taking her slow(ish) for now. Also, having a wife and little girl counting on you to come home safe sure helps to keep the throttle hand at bay....

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. I've been hitting up the search engine here and finding all kinds of information, but still have lots of questions. I'm not the most mechanically inclined guy in the world, but I do try to work on my toys...

I wasn't given much info on the bike when I as the previous owner bought it as a first bike, had it three weeks and got spooked. Chain, brakes, bolts, cables and oil all look good. The bike has a 4-into-1 Brocks megaphone.

I finally got around to lifting the tank this morning and noticed no Power Commander. Also the bike has a stock air filter and no airbox mods. Is there any way to know if the bike has been tuned for the exhaust since there is no PC? It seems to run fine, but I do notice a flat spot at lower rpms in 1st and 2nd.

I did the marble mod I found on here this morning since I was having some backfiring issues while downshifting, but haven't taken her out to test due to football/beer :beerchug:. Thanks again for the warm welcome and great forum!

Back