New owner in Ohio

DrLecktor

Registered
Hey guys,

It's The Doctor here and wanted to say hello.

Have been riding for 40 plus years and rode big touring bikes cross country (Key West, Glacier, Canada.. etc.

Now just turned 60! (shut the h@ll up!) and had a big time Jones for a 'Busa

Kinda backwards but that's me

Have been looking religiously here in town and nearby on cycle trader... Met one of your members (Alan... 08 gen1) super nice guy. Loved the bike but the more I thought about it the more I leaned towards a gen 2. Anyway found a 2012 Limited Addition with 3700 miles on it!

BUT...It was an hour WEST of Chicago.

So of course my girl and I made the trip Tuesday and Wednesday road "The Beast" home to Columbus. Nice riding through Chicagoland and Gary Indiana on the brand new girl!

COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!

Absolutely mint untouched 2012 with 3070 mikes... I MUST be living right!

I know I'll have tons of questions so be prepared

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for the great forum

DrLecktor

30613.jpeg

Hey guys,

Have been riding for 40 plus years and rode big touring bikes cross country (Key West, Glacier, Canada.. etc.

Have been looking religiously here in town and nearby on cycle trader... Met one of your members (Alan... 08 gen1) super nice guy. Loved the bike but the more I thought about it the more I leaned towards a gen 2. Anyway found a 2012 Limited Addition with 3700 miles on it!

So of course my girl and I made the trip Tuesday and Wednesday road "The Beast" home to Columbus. Nice riding through Chicagoland and Gary Indiana on the brand new girl!

COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!

DrLecktor

View attachment 1636972
Welcome to the org and that's a beautiful busa u got now just get to work on getting rid of that stock exhaust and you'll be all set :thumbsup:

Thanks... she is mint.. the paint is INCREDIBLE oh... and he had the Zuk tank bra and a new Corbin pilot seat which he had never installed (of course installed BOTH before the ride home) and the "bump" which was still manufacturer wrapped new!

Was messing with the "bump" and assume the grab handle HAS to be removed (or modify bump) to install

Anyway...
Heading to garage to "be one with the bike" now. LOL

My girl ALREADY says I'm crazy

Welcome! Too bad you have to ride such a beat up ol bike. :D And it’s a hump, not a bump even though it’s not as pronounced as the Gen1 hump. Oh and an 08 (is) a Gen2. Maybe you rode an 07? That’s the last year for the Gen1. A glance at the slim lil rear end will tell you. Separate blinkers not attached to the rear cowling. At 9 years old you should do some checking for tire dates and change all the fluids. HH brake pads and SS braided brake lines (do) make a difference.

Welcome and you will fit right in with the rest of the insane asylum inmates here..

The hump can be modified to fit over the grab handle, it will have to be cut to do so....

Hey guys,

COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!

DrLecktor

View attachment 1636972
She looks Great ,enjoy

Boy that must've been some Jones, what took you so long?. Welcome aboard. :D

Back