New Owner From Ohio

BK30

Registered
Hey everyone. New to the forum, but have been lurking for awhile. Finally purchased my first Hayabusa. It's a 2006, one owner. Have been riding for 7 years now. Started on a Ninja 500, then a CBR 600 F3, then 2001 GSXR 600, then. a Shadow ACE 1100, now this. All stock 7000 miles, HMF high mount exhaust, and custom rims. Can't wait for the weather to turn up here!

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
06 was a good year for Busas. Mine turned eleven years old this month and other than maintenance, all I've had to fix was a low beam headlight and a fan switch fuse. Ran thru a couple tankfuls today on my favorite local two lane. Turned over 60,000 miles today too. Welcome...and we won't believe anything w/o pics!:)

BK30

Registered
Sorry, had trouble uploading pics. Haven't got to polish it yet. First thing to do after work. Thanks for the welcome!

IMG_2058.JPG

BK30

Registered
Alright guys I'm puzzled. Attempted to change oil and filter and I'm having a tough time getting the filter off. It's like there isn't enough clearance between the filter and the header, and it feels like it is about a half turn away from freeing itself from the threaded stud. I'm puzzled. Do I try to remove the lines around it (blue or red arrow in pics) and the bracket between pipes 2 & 3. Or should I loosen the header pipe and try to create a tad bit more room? HMF headers if that makes a difference. Any help would be great!

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_2083.JPG

nosbig

Registered
Not sure about HMF headers. With my yoshimura headers, it was tight but you could turn the filter just right and get it out. With my Brocks header I have to unbolted the oil line to get the filter out.

plucka

Registered
Hey everyone. New to the forum, but have been lurking for awhile. Finally purchased my first Hayabusa. It's a 2006, one owner. Have been riding for 7 years now. Started on a Ninja 500, then a CBR 600 F3, then 2001 GSXR 600, then. a Shadow ACE 1100, now this. All stock 7000 miles, HMF high mount exhaust, and custom rims. Can't wait for the weather to turn up here!
Welcome...... Bike looks mint:thumbsup:

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Busabrother09