New Owner from Ohio

Ohio bro! I’m down SW Ohio. I sent my ecu to Schnitz racing over in Indiana. As for the air filter, I read something somewhere that said the stock has better airflow than k&n. You’d need to go with a sprint style I think for more airflow than that. But you definitely need a 2nd rotor up there. The gen 2 got a upgraded brake, but even those aren’t great.

One thing that will get your attention a bit is going to shorter gearing. I have done that on my ZX-14 and I really like it. The bike will still do 190 or close to it but the bike revs under load much quicker. The feel of my ZX-14 is savage compared to my busa with stock gearing. The busa loves to wheelie and if you go a few teeth up on the back, it will be a freegin animal! I just received a new chain and sprockets and went +4 on the rear. Keep a watch for my thread, I will be testing the fit of stock length chain with a +4 rear and also with raising links and +4 rear. Mind you, your Gen1 will be different with the stock chain bing a different length (I think) than the Gen2 but you might get some ideas.

If you are into corner carving, a 200/55 rear will make a difference you can feel. I expect the raising links from Schnitz I'm putting on will do so a lot more and also improve appearance in my view. Again, I don't have the skill to use even all of my 200/55 but hey, at least I can feel the potential that is there! If I can't feel a performance mod, I'm underwhelmed and a bit disappointed as much as I just love cool aftermarket parts.

You will feel turbo. No question there.
Currently I'm +3 in the back and -1 In the front

Welcome to the madness that is the org @Mortumbra :thumbsup:
Beautiful gen 1 you got, this is the place for all the knowledge you'll ever need for the beast. As already said get those missing parts back on the front brakes, they usually remove them trying to save weight on bikes that hit the track a lot and with the low miles and stretch im thinking that might have been the reason yours is gone. I see your in Ohio what area? I'm just over the border in Detroit

Welcome to the madness that is the org @Mortumbra :thumbsup:
Beautiful gen 1 you got, this is the place for all the knowledge you'll ever need for the beast. As already said get those missing parts back on the front brakes, they usually remove them trying to save weight on bikes that hit the track a lot and with the low miles and stretch im thinking that might have been the reason yours is gone. I see your in Ohio what area? I'm just over the border in Detroit
Toledo brother.
Bike doesn't respond like its been used for drag or racing applications lol, but then again, it prolly has some.gunk buildup somewhere. 15 years and only 1800 miles, you figure it prolly wasn't ridden a few years.

Welcome, nice scoot....faster? Well I guess turbo is in your future...

howdy

no "bee" - he needs no turbo .

with 16/43 he knows why he has a 10" longer arm in
the (gen1) busa would speed up from zero to hunderd like a turbo without that immense costs for the turbo

but!

the swingarm´s "head" rubber protector won´t like the 16 t sprocket and will be grinded away by the chain very fast and then the alu is next to get grinded - not the best idea :( , i guess
(and the chain wouldn´t live as long as poss. caused by the very close linking around at the 16)
i personally would change to 17/45 or at least to 18/47 - that gives the chain a very long life ;) and the acceleration should be the same like at the moment.

only my experiences from the last 30 years ;) of wrenching bikes :lol:

howdy

no "bee" - he needs no turbo .

with 16/43 he knows why he has a 10" longer arm in
the (gen1) busa would speed up from zero to hunderd like a turbo without that immense costs for the turbo

but!

the swingarm´s "head" rubber protector won´t like the 16 t sprocket and will be grinded away by the chain very fast and then the alu is next to get grinded - not the best idea :( , i guess
(and the chain wouldn´t live as long as poss. caused by the very close linking around at the 16)
i personally would change to 17/45 or at least to 18/47 - that gives the chain a very long life ;) and the acceleration should be the same like at the moment.

only my experiences from the last 30 years ;) of wrenching bikes :lol:
All depends how fast the OP wants to go-sprockets, flashing and engine mods only get you so far...

A turbo will get him about as far on the speed level as one would ever need or want.

I personally find my Hayabusa to be as fast as I would ever want to go...I guess if I wanted to go faster I'd either turbo it or go to another platform (ZX14R, H2, S1000RR).

Back