New mods

stlbusarider

Donating Member
Registered
I've just installed new screens, and I have to say, I should have done this sooner. Tell me what you think. Also did the hump mod (grab bar), and I'm about to do the inside mod to open up more room. Any advice about where not to cut. Thanks

screens3.JPG

Nice job, I was wanting to do those 2 exact things to my '06 Busa. I actually have paint to match my bike and was going to match it up before installing.

My question is how did you modify the Seat Cowl, so you could use the grab bar? Any help or pointers you can give me woudl be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

For the hump storage mod, don't cut anything. Change out the screws for 1/4 turn fasteners or something you can esily unscrew with your fingers. Do not get anything with a wing on it that's too large or you won't be able to get the hump to latch.

Thanks BusaWipped but I already cut the inside. About a 5x5 square. Still has great support and opened up more than double the room.

(lepsikg @ Jul. 28 2007,06:48) Nice job, I was wanting to do those 2 exact things to my '06 Busa. I actually have paint to match my bike and was going to match it up before installing.

My question is how did you modify the Seat Cowl, so you could use the grab bar? Any help or pointers you can give me woudl be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
The way I did it was I installed the bar first. Put the hump on the best I could and made marks with a marker. I made on cut about a quarter inch tall. Reinstalled the hump and marked again. It took about 4 times to get it right. Just take your time and keep the dremel on a low rpm. Good luck.
The inside was very easy I just cut along the frame work, I'll post a pic in a bit so you can see.

Back