logang1k

Registered
I own a 2003 gixxer 1000 that is painted satin black after a highside during a trackday. But enough about me I am on here for a friend that is having some irritating problems with his 2002 busa. He has to crank and crank his bike to start it. It starts quicker if he turns on his fast idler. He also has a studder at wot around 6000-7000rpms, but if he rolls off a bit it will pull out of it. He has a tre, K&N, full yosh trs system and a pc3usb. I have read on here a few things that I am going to have to check out for him this weekend. It looks like I need to sync his tps, find someone to sync his tb's, check his fuel pump/filter(it doesn't have a steady hum when you start the bike, it kind of oscillates), clean his tb's. Anything else? I am kind of starting this thread just to let everyone know our progress. He has lived with this problem for awhile and was furious to the point of selling it (luckily the guy backed out). All of the shops here in southern Indiana have a 3 week waiting list for service and we are leaving to go to deals gap next Tuesday. I hope I can have this resolved by then.

Thank you for any help,
Logan

I would try a couple of things. How does it start when you take the PC out of the loop? Also, if the plugs look a little dark (rich), I would try taking the TRE off and cleaning or replacing the plugs. I found my '05 with similar mods ran too rich with the TRE, especially at idle and smaller throttle openings. Checking the synch of the TB's can't hurt. Good luck!

Welcome, sounds like you are off to a good start. Let us know how it goes.

I would try a couple of things. How does it start when you take the PC out of the loop? Also, if the plugs look a little dark (rich), I would try taking the TRE off and cleaning or replacing the plugs. I found my '05 with similar mods ran too rich with the TRE, especially at idle and smaller throttle openings. Checking the synch of the TB's can't hurt. Good luck!

He has the pc3 disconnected until we figure this out. He bought it because he thought it would fix his problem. I have been looking around in town for a tb sync tool and no one stocks them. I have found a few diy sync tools but they are one piece of clear tubing with atf in it with each end connected to the tb. I am not sure how to make this work with 4 TB's. I think i read to sync 1-2 3-4 and then 2-3. Will that work. Am I too technical for this section?

try the "general" section. it's the busiest on this board. and also try "technical" [i think that's what it's called...

Where are you? I have a Carbtool II synch tool, with the metal rods, and I might be talked into letting you borrow it. Unless the TB's are way out out of synch, I wouldn't think it could cause a starting or running rough problem. What do the plugs look like? They are a good indicator of what's going on.

Where are you? I have a Carbtool II synch tool, with the metal rods, and I might be talked into letting you borrow it. Unless the TB's are way out out of synch, I wouldn't think it could cause a starting or running rough problem. What do the plugs look like? They are a good indicator of what's going on.

Tell City Indiana, about an hour east of evansville indiana. I haven't checked the plugs but he has changed them twice since the problem started.

I think I am going to try to make the DIY sync tool. He is gone until this weekend and his bike is locked up in his storage unit. So I'll learn the ropes on my bike. My 03 gixxer 1000 just rolled over 30000, it may do it some good.

Last edited:
Back