Needed Throttle Valve Sync at 700 miles

Vstrom

Registered
Hi new guy again.
I checked my throttle bodies at 700 miles and found them to be out of sync.
When I first picked up the bike I questioned the idle, it just seemed a bit lopey to me. It smoothed out past idle, I guess the 4x cross over vacuum lines helped with that.
I got out the old Twinmax and sync it up...........smooth as glass now. My FJR never ran this smooth.
The #2 TB was pretty far off, the rest only minor. Took me a bit to figure out that you need the IAP sensor hooked up to make it run. Doh!
The TB sync is a piece of cake on this bike.

I love this Busa creature
race.gif

Fred
PS the Vstrom is on Craigslist, I can no longer ride sitting up straight.
lol1.gif

Uhhh...YEP..mine sucked too and I imagine the dopes that did the original buildup weren't that sharp. Kind of like Brad (Toykraz's), his fast idle cable wouldn't even raise the idle. When we were done, it purred and it's stuff like that that really pisses me off. Makes me think they (The Stealership) give the building chores to the newest guy.

Keep my throttles tuned, and the SpudleyBusa runs like a champ.
super.gif

I wonder about mine now too. It idles rough, is sometimes hard to start (hot or cold), and just generaly seems pretty uncooperative under 2000 rpm.
I just wrote it off as a hot rod but looks like maybe I should check this.

Uhhh...YEP..mine sucked too and I imagine the dopes that did the original buildup weren't that sharp.  Kind of like Brad (Toykraz's), his fast idle cable wouldn't even raise the idle.  When we were done, it purred and it's stuff like that that really pisses me off.  Makes me think they (The Stealership) give the building chores to the newest guy.

Keep my throttles tuned, and the SpudleyBusa runs like a champ.  
super.gif
My fast idle was way low too, 1500rpm. Adjusted that while I had the airbox off. Goofy place to put the screw, on the back side of the bracket. I guess the setup guy had trouble reading the checklist.

Runs like a nuclear sewing machine now.

Vstrom

Back