New guy from the Pacific Northwest

mpholland

Registered
My name is Marc. I am pretty new to the Hayabusa scene as I am pretty much a Harley guy. My son was a Navy Seabee for 14 years. In July of 09 someone turned left in front of him on his GSXR1000 in Virginia and almost killed him. In 2010 he bought another 1000 and was medically discharged from the Navy as the wreck had left him physically undeployable. Part of his discharge was retraining at MMI in Phoenix. He bought a new 2011 Hayabusa before school started. While he was in school he sold his 1000 and bought a 2013 Road Glide. He finished school in June of 2014 and we went to his graduation. That was the last time we saw him. He was stabbed to death in a parking lot 3 weeks later. Long story short, we inherited both the Glide and the Busa. Me being who I am, prefer the Harley as I am about 260, and have wrist and elbow issues that make it far more comfortable for me to sit upright and ride. I do ride the Busa on occasion, but since it has an 8" stretch I have a hard time adjusting to the turning radius. I would like to go to a shorter swingarm and still keep the 240 rear tire. Maybe I could get away with a 2" stretch that way. Not sure what the minimum is for a 240 to fit, but I know it will be cheaper to replace the swingarm than the RC Savage rear wheel.

Sorry if I sound like I am rambling, but I just wanted to introduce myself. Here are some pics:

His first 1000:

0321590840105011-01-00-P01%20-%20Copy.jpg

The Busa:

Road%20002%20-%20Copy.JPG

The Road Glide:

Road%20001%20-%20Copy.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome , and sorry for your loss . I think the 240 kit uses a wider wheel , and the arm matches the kit . If you want to keep it / make it a better daily ride for you look at stock arm / 200 rear tire on the wheel will fit , and put a LSL handle bar kit on . All day comfort to ride , and splitting the difference on the tire deal .

Other than the LOOK there is zero gain from a 240 tire . Open your pocket book as they are not cheap .

Welcome , and sorry for your loss . I think the 240 kit uses a wider wheel , and the arm matches the kit . If you want to keep it / make it a better daily ride for you look at stock arm / 200 rear tire on the wheel will fit , and put a LSL handle bar kit on . All day comfort to ride , and splitting the difference on the tire deal .

Other than the LOOK there is zero gain from a 240 tire . Open your pocket book as they are not cheap .

Thanks. Sorry if I was unclear. I already have a 240 tire mounted on Savage wheel. I have a stock swingarm and a 6" extended stock width swingarm, neither of which I can use with this wheel. I think it would be considerably less expensive for me to get a shorter wide swingarm than replace the tire/wheel. I may also look at shortening the swingarm that is on it.

01717_kA2PWhRXOXz_300x300.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the oRg, I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I cant imagine what you went through.

Based on what you have stated, I would put the stock swing arm back on it and replace the wheel with an oem, you should be find one relatively cheap. You should be able to at least find a salvage wheel that is undamaged. Next I would add a set of heli bars and that will alleviate the wrist issue.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. We have a member that is fairly close to you that should be able to help with parts if need be.

Hi,,glad you joined us......
That is terrible...
As for the swing arm,,It would be financially advantageous to sell the extended arm and buy another than change the one you have.

Welcome to the site! I have a '72 Harley Electra Glide and an 07 busa. I really enjoy riding both of them so make those busa mods to suit your needs and you'll have the best of both worlds! Very nice bikes! God Bless! :)

:welcome::welcome: Sorry to hear about your loss. :( They are beautiful bikes, glad to see some Orgsters up this way.

Back