new member/new owner 07 busa

mikeybikey

Registered
new to the org.
just a quick hey/ho from PA.

I'm sure I'll find this in a search. the 07 service manual doesn't show how to remove the mirrors. I'm going to add 1 inch blocks under them. it looks like I'll need to cut the rubber boots from them ??

come on spring !!!!!!!!
later//mikeybikey

Welcome...somebody will explain how to get the mirrors off...there are a few guys in PA too...good guys that reach out to meet up.

Dont cut the boots! Just pull the mirror backwards toward the tank and it will fold. Gently pull the boot to reveal the bolt. Then push forward and remove the back bolt. Easy peasie. Welcome to the oRg! :welcome:

welcome! what color 07??

and btw, i haven't run across any normal maintenance things that require cutting / damaging, so go slow & easy on that bike! :laugh:

:welcome: and like twotonevert said, all you have to do is pull the rubber boot back from the fairing to reveal the 2 mirror bolts.

wooohooo another possible haya's in the hills participant....:welcome: and catch up with casperle or rashad or a few of the other close by folks to you

I thank everybody for the warm welcome !!!

I installed the 1 inch mirror blocks . WOW I can see behind myself without
looking at my arms.

also installed the "zero garvity sport tour windscreen. love it

ordered 1 inch bar risers "soupys" I think this will help the old man & his stiff neck !
200 miles sofar & love it

the bike is all black

COME ON SPRING !!!!!!!!!
later//mikeyB

Hey Mikeyb,
I just bought a blue 07 busa. Have the same problems with the mirrors and seeing my arms. Where did you get you 1" mirror blocks from? Thanks Gary

Back