New Hot Bodies light covers..

thats a mean looking tail bro
Stop checking out my friend's ass...
deadhorse.gif

As much as I'm not a fan of darkening the taillights, this made the back of the bike look REALLY nice.

Chris, thank-you, i just oredered these for my blk/gry K8, i 'll see how i like them, thanks for the vid, its not as dark as i thought and the lites are bright
beerchug.gif

Agreed. I have been going back and forth whether they were going to be bright enough. After the video, one set ordered. Thanks!

Chris, thank-you, i just oredered these for my blk/gry K8, i 'll see how i like them, thanks for the vid, its not as dark as i thought and the lites are bright
beerchug.gif
No problem.. Glad it helped you make a decision.
Whats involved in the installation? more concerned about the tail light? how is it put on?
Here you go...
Looks very easy
Installation Instructions

beerchug.gif
No problem.. Glad it helped you make a decision.
Whats involved in the installation? more concerned about the tail light? how is it put on?
Here you go...
Looks very easy
Installation Instructions
clap.gif
thumb_up.gif
thank-you sir

I really like the look. Nice! Will the LEO's give you static for them even though the lights seem plenty bright? I would like a set for my K8.

Guys, Please read this before you run out and buy these...

The installation of these is really generic and almost crappy. In the instructions, it tells you to remove the tail section, which you do, but then it tells you to completely remove the tail light.. This is not necessary!! All you need to do is remove the two bottom screws (which have Loctite on them so they are ***** to take out), then seperate the tail section a bit.. You then slide the lens cover on, and but the screws back in.

Also, for the signal lights.. This is the crappy part. The lights come out with a singe phillips head screw. The light then comes out of it's snap in bracket. They then tell you to install the light cover (which needed some shaving on one because it didn't fit that great) and use a long screw with nylon lock nut. This essentially hold the light in place.. It's really crappy, and not the best way to mount this light.. I took some foam I had in the garage and placed it around the light, then tightened the screw down. Amazingly, the light holds in place ok, but it's still not the best mounting solution.

Overall, it looks KILLER, but I don't want everybody running out buying these thinking they are perfect, because they are not. So far, I have put about 180 miles on the bike with these on, and no issues. My buddy rode behind me and said the lights were clear and bright, so that made me feel better about having them.

- Chris

Just put mine on tonight. That right side turn signal was a b@tch to get to fit. Nothing a dremel couldn't fix though.

Img_1295.jpg

Img_1296.jpg

Img_1299.jpg

Img_1304.jpg

-Rich

This Mod I would rate

9, For looks
4, for Quality
3, for engineering. The single bolt holding the light seems cheezy!
2, for price.I had to modify my right one to seat correctly, and when I cleaned the left one, it poped in, and I had to take it all apart again. Last week a freind tapped on it, and it poped in again!, so there I was taking the tail apart at a night club curb!
firedevil.gif

5, for instuctions. They sent a poor resolution copy in black in white, couldnt see the arrows to well, and they didnt metion the removal of the clip nuts

But all in all, Im ok now, and need to do the front turn signals too. and Im looking into changing the 1156 bulbs to a 1157, and use the turn signals for running lights. It would also help with visability

Back