Problems fitting undertail

BanditKing

Registered
I bought this undertail off the online auction house.

I like it because it retains the stock light configuration.

The piece looked pretty good, and appeared to bolt up okay, but after I installed the tail light housing and light cover (lens), the undertail pushed the lens up into the tail, leaving a gap on either side near the bottom of the light.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

DSCN0864.JPG

Only thing I can think of is adding a rubber gasket/trim to surround the lens (and hopefully reduce the gap)

Or shave the part of the undertail that pushed up the lens? Best of luck!

Only thing I can think of is adding a rubber gasket/trim to surround the lens (and hopefully reduce the gap)

Or shave the part of the undertail that pushed up the lens?  Best of luck!
+1 somerthing like foam weather stripping. I have some on my Top Gun, tightened right up

already trimmed the undertail, it ends just short of the light housing...i'm going to have to paint the black plastic of the housing now. so the lens itself is not touching the undertail. its the housing.

i'm going to try some spacers later.

thanks for the advice!

Yeah, it's the same one off eBay....

Say, in the pic of your bike, is that after you sanded it down? It looks pretty much like mine now.

Looks like i'm going to have to try and sand some more too.

Thanks,
BK

yeah just took some sand paper and sanded the edge alittle to thin it out under the light , its still a TIGHT fit and the light is even inside the tail. My major problem is the top fairing not wanting to go on straight and line up , everything lines up except the front two bolts by the seat. they were like 1/2 inch to far down lol. But goodluck . Takes some time but its worth it. Still have to put the plate mount and plate light on mine. You will have some open area but its not to big of a deal around the sides of the light. As long as its even.

<!--EDIT|camaro69_4542003
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142838585 -->

Back