Threadlock/lock-tight for plastic

Mythos

Registered
took out my tail light last night to install Hot Bodies black out lenses. I see we have some blue stuff on the 4 screws that hold the tail light brackets to the inside of the tail peice. I would just use the blue locktight that i normally use but it says "not for plastic or rubber." Went to auto supply and green, red lock tight and clear sealer all say they are not meant for plastic.

I'm sure i have heard that there is a special thread locking agent for plastic. Anyone know what it is called or where I may get some?

u sure the bolt is threading into plastic? The lens or housing is of course plastic, but i'm pretty sure it secures to the tail frame which is metal. If it has blue on the bolt, i would for sure say it's just normal blue loc tite. I know their is a loc tite for plastic but i've never come across any

+1

I'd be very surprised if the screw screwed directly into platic - there should be a metal insert in the plastic.

Thanks guys. You are right. The tail fairing does have threaded metal nuts molded into the inside where the tail light brackets connect. I'll just give them a fresh dab of blue lock tight.

If anyone is aware of a thread lock for plastic, I would be curious to hear about it. Could have sworn I read about it a couple years ago.

Back