Need Some Quick Advice---Another Day In The Garage

goblinsix

Registered
I have to say that I am really shocked at how difficult Suzuki made the removal of the fairings for the Busa. I swear that this has to be the most inconvenient, ignorant designs of any sportbike that I have every worked on. It took me three hours yesterday to get them off---I'll save the tears.

So I am taking them off again today and I can't get them off !!! I removed all of the screws, push-pins, and A-plugs. The problem is that I can't get the side fairings to seperate from the black inner front plastic (under the wheel) and I can't get the side fairings to seperate from the upper shell that goes around the lights, turn signals, and dash. They are locked together tighter than Super Glue....pulling and tugging on them is going to break the plastic....so what is the secret to getting the plastic to seperate? Is it a certain direction, trick, or mental power?

Ii just can't get the plastic parts to seperate. Any help would be appreciated. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm not exactly sure if were talking about the samething but on my side fairing I usually have to pull out a little bit then lift the back end up towards the front a wiggle it and it'll pop loose I don't know if this helps at all but hopefully it will

I got it to work yesterday, but it's in there pretty tight and I'm trying to avoid breaking any of the plastic nubs. They aren't very strong.

But yeah, what I am referring to is wiggling the plastic pieces loose from one another. Sometimes they go sometimes they won't. Yesterday I got them to wiggle free...today Round #2 is a different story.

I went through this the other day when installing my full exhaust. I believe whats holding you up is the rubber gromet that is towards the top of the side fairings where they meet the nose fairing. If you can pull out on the fairing and get free of that gromet they will slide out.

You have to pull away from the bike ( bottom ) and push where the joint is to get them to release... make sure the top grommet is out. As far as the inner pieces they pop apart also, easier then the side. They are a pain for the first couple of times...

It takes a little while to get used to when taking the fairings off. It just takes a little muscle to get them off. It just seems like you are doing something wrong because you are more worried about breaking the fairings.

I figured out the trick. Thanks for the quick feedback guys.

My plastic parts are new and they weren't seperating very easily. I guess that we all need to experience it a few times in the beginning to get the hang of it. I got it down pat now.

1st time
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

2nd time
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

3rd time
:banghead:

One of the reasons I held off so long on making a purchase:whistle:My 14 took 5 mins to change the oil.This Busa I will soon find out???

Back