new here and Wondering neone from nebraska?

flaresniper

Registered
im a new person here. im a 18 year old senior in high school that loves to ride and am lookin to get a Hayabusa. have test drove a couple at the dealership, but am lookin to get a used one, as fundage is low. neone out there help me find one in nebraska for a decent price?

have test drove a couple at the dealership, but am lookin to get a used one, as fundage is low.  
They let a 18-year old test drive a BUSA??
rock.gif

ices_rofl.gif
all_coholic.gif

bomb.gif

im a new person here.  im a 18 year old senior in high school that loves to ride and am lookin to get a Hayabusa.  have test drove a couple at the dealership, but am lookin to get a used one, as fundage is low.  neone out there help me find one in nebraska for a decent price?
you're in omaha eh???

well how low of fundage we talking?? I bought a brand new 03 in chariton ia which is only a few hours from you for a little over 9

I'm sure they have leftovers... call em up.

C&C Custom Cycle
130 E Lincoln Ave.
Chariton IA 50049
641-775-7494

18 Years Old and wants a Busa.... I dunno man, there is a lot of reasons not to make that big of leap... How many years you been riding? Do you have your license?

But before you do anything...Call and get an insurance quote.

Not an elitist "Your not good enough for a Busa" thing, I just think that you will prolly have a much better time on something under 1000 cc.

i have been riding since i was able too. my dad is a big bike guy and has a harley soft tail and a dynajet. iono the cc's on the bikes, but they sure are a good time. as for fundage, im lookin for one around 6 to 8k or lower if i can get. i have a car for trade in if allowed, but meh... yes i have my license, how else could i test drive?? i think im goin to enjoy the company here.

WELCOME TO OUR WORLD !!!
biggrin.gif
If you are willing to spend 8k wait till you get anothe 1k and buy a new one. Otherwise I suggest you spend no more than 7k and use the other 1k for mods you are going to want to do ...just my $.02
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

flaresniper,

Just curious but what kind of bikes have you owned/ridden?

Will this be your first BIG sport bike?

As others have suggested, I would call and check on insurance. When I was under 18 they wanted $3,200 for 6-months for ins.
wow.gif
That was on a GSXR750 or CBR900RR NOT EVEN a BUSA!
wow.gif

If you have the smarts I say go for it, you might need your Dad to help you out with the Ins. thing though. (His name primary-yours secondary) I started out on a 98 CBR900RR when I was 17 then went to a 00 R1 when I was 19. I still wanted more so I got a 01 Busa when I was 21!

Wished I never sold my 01 Blue/Silver BUSA so I bought another 03 BLACK SE!
cool.gif

If you can go without wrecking it and plan to keep it for a while, I would just save that extra money and get a NEW one. If you don't plan on keeping it long, then you can't go wrong with a CLEAN used one. Many good deals on sportbikes out there. Most people buy more than they can handle and end up selling it because they are affraid of it!
blush.gif

Ride SMART and Ride SAFE and you'll live a long time on a STREET BIKE regardless of size/CC!
wink.gif

Josh
blues.gif

wow.gif

About the parents thing ya they are goin to have to help cause they are goin to cosign the loan cause in Omaha the legal age for loan is 19 L neway, I owned a katana for a while, and the insurance on that was I think 2100 for 6 months. Talk about paycheck deduction for a kid. O well it was good times. I have ridden a CBR, katana, a couple Indians, my dads dynajet, and my Honda express WOOT. Neway so I think this will be my first bike over 1000cc if im correct I don’t know that much about cbr’s just that a friend let me cruise on his while riding his new 4 wheeler.

I do plan on keeping it for quite a while, and sofar I haven’t had to ditch a bike (knock on wood), so I looked into getting new, but the insurance on new vs insurance on used is INSANE. Hence why I was looking for used, clean. Thanks for the tips

NEBRASKA member here.

I do remember seeing one or two in the Omaha paper for sale a while back, but other than that, I haven't seen too many used ones around here locally. Start checking the For sale sections of the Hayabusa boards and maybe even Traderonline.com

I bought my 40th Anniversary edition new in August, but had to go all the way to Cheyenne Wy to get it cause no one in Neb or Kan had that color.

hey justin. i found a bike in council bluffs just like yours for 4k
smile.gif
looks really nice and i think im goin to snag it so maybe me and u can get together sometime and do some cruisin

hey justin.  i found a bike in council bluffs just like yours for 4k
smile.gif
 looks really nice and i think im goin to snag it so maybe me and u can get together sometime and do some cruisin
Be Carefull, Man $4k sounds way too cheap for an 03 that actually moves... Just a thought...

I'm in Iowa. I thought we paved Nebraska in the 80's and made it into one big drag strip? Maybe I got bad info ;)

hey justin.  i found a bike in council bluffs just like yours for 4k
smile.gif
I also live in Omaha, NE and have been looking for a Busa... must be a popular ride, huh? <g>

Just to let you know... I already checked on that $4000 bike - just for fun - for sale in Council Bluffs. Did you notice that the state shows "ID" (not IA)!!! I emailed the guy... SCAM!!! Send money to me in Europe via Western Union... yadda, yadda, yadda. The phone number rings to a "Collins' residence". Didn't talk to "Ms. Collins", I'm sure SHE hasn't a clue about a bike for sale.

Power Sports Pro has a black/silver left-over 2003. Haven't asked price yet (need to wait another month for "finances")... and their prices certainly reflect their "pride of ownership" (=stealers).

Good luck in your search!

I'm in Iowa.  I thought we paved Nebraska in the 80's and made it into one big drag strip?  Maybe I got bad info  ;)
Yeah I was in Omaha for four years Bro...I got one thing to say...

I O W A  (Idiots Out Wondering Around)

Only place in the Midwest that can make Omaha look like a Metropolis...  
smile.gif

Easy REV! OHIO drivers are far worse than IOWA drivers! Then again you live in Florida the retirement state! Seems like BLIND old people "everywhere!"
tounge.gif

flaresniper,

Your age has nothing to do with getting a loan. It has to do with your credit rating and dept-to-income ratio! If you don't have a credit card and have never bought anything, YES you will need a co-signer!

I would get a NEW one if I you can handle it. You'll know the history plus it's only going to be $50-100 more a month. I put down $2k and pay $160 a month!

As far as insurance, with your age it isn't going to matter if it's NEW-or-USED! It will be pennies difference for the price you will be paying. Like I said, Dad primary rider and "YOU" secondary rider if he will do it!
wink.gif

Easy REV!  OHIO drivers are far worse than IOWA drivers!  Then again you live in Florida the retirement state!  Seems like BLIND old people "everywhere!"
tounge.gif

flaresniper,

Your age has nothing to do with getting a loan.  It has to do with your credit rating and dept-to-income ratio!  If you don't have a credit card and have never bought anything, YES you will need a co-signer!

I would get a NEW one if I you can handle it.  You'll know the history plus it's only going to be $50-100 more a month.  I put down $2k and pay $160 a month!

As far as insurance, with your age it isn't going to matter if it's NEW-or-USED!  It will be pennies difference for the price you will be paying.  Like I said, Dad primary rider and "YOU" secondary rider if he will do it!
wink.gif
OH don't get me wrong, Florida still holds the crown as far as i am concerned when it comes to horrible drivers... And it is not just the Snowbirds...They are slow but they do everything slow, so they are not a real threat, it's the natives, with their horrible self absorbtion that makes things extra rough....

I used to bitch about Omaha traffic when I was there, I mean the way they drive in the winter you would swear they all just moved there from Hawaii or something, almost to a car they were hopeless if it was snowy. The rest of time they just tended to move like they got no where to be...S-L-O-W... But in hindsight, I will take Omaha traffic all day compared to the petty, disgusting stuff I see down here...

Back