HOW MUCH FOR AN 04 BUSA? BEST DEAL?

nebraskathomas

Registered
I am one person, out of many, that are currently looking to purchase a 2004 Hayabusa. I want to know what each of you paid for your bike, both new/used. I called a couple dealers around Omaha, Nebraska and was quoted as much as $11,200.00. I then searched the suzuki website at www.suzuki.com and found them listed for only $10,899.00. I would like to know what the dealers cost is on this bike. I do not want to offer the dealer too little, make an a$$ out of myself, but I also want to get the best deal and of course, do not want to pay more than this bike is worth. I did not see this posted but please forgive me as I am very new to this forum. Hopefully this will be a helpful thread to all of us who are still dreaming about the Hayabusa. ;)

Hey - Take time to check around and look for wholesale dealers. Look on ebay and other publications. I bought mine back in April of this year for $9632.00 out-the-door from a wholesaler in Belair, OH. Some of them may be set up to deliver the bike to your door less then it would cost to rent a truck to pick it up or drive and ride it back. Don't be concerned about insulting the salesman. They are generally trying to get the top dollar from you for their commission, some but not all. Wholesalers will not have much room if any to haggle over price because they are moving volume. So go as low as you can and if they won't deal remember they are not the only source. Save yourself some money for mods or other pursuits. I believe I have seen some better deals from other owners, but unable to recall their purchase prices or locations. Best of luck and enjoy...Dulimon

<!--EDIT|Dulimon
Reason for Edit: None given...|1090604462 -->

I bought my '04 last week. The sticker was 10,899 + ~500 for shipping and prep. I took it for 10k out the door with only a little haggling. Just say you found the bike for x amount with includes prep/shipping (make sure the price is reasonable) and stick to it.

Doesn't match up totally, but I bought my '03 new off the floor and out the door for $9200 in March. I would think they could let a '04 (non SE) go for $9999 this time of year. Your best bet is always going to be in Jan or Feb though.

If you mention that selling it at a lower price right now will saw them from paying "flooring" on a '04 model, it might get you some respect too. The dealership has to pay Suzuki for 3rd party inventory every now and again, to insure that they still have the bike that they don't pay Suzuki for until it's sold. It keeps them honest. They don't usually pay as much for current model year bikes because they sell quicker and don't hang around as long.

I don't know if the '05 'Busa has come out yet (doubt it), but it might make you look like a savvy buyer.:blush:

Wow, these are great pointers......so glad I started this thread. I will deff. look into getting one this February if I can get a good deal. Just another question, with a BH (good credit/high risk), what kind of intrest rate can I expect for a bike loan? Is it similar to purchasing a car? I am still paying on my 2001 Sentra SE and got that refinanced for 6.5%. I am wondering if intrest rates on bikes usually run lower or higher than cars/trucks?

A complete stab in the dark here.... I'd say if you are geting 6.5 on a refi on a car (READ: Necessity) that you should get somewhere between 13-15% on a used bike, or 9-11% on a new one.

with good credit/decent job you can get 6.75-7.5. Capital One is on-line and they are quick. Try em out and get a check for the bike in a week.

bike interest rates are about 3 - 6 points higher for the fact that bikes that are financed usually dont last thru their financing date. IE are either sold or wrecked before the life of financing end date. Also, the insurance rate is higher based on your age and riding experience so get ready for that.

CASH IS KING ONE STOP NO BS I GOT WHAT I WANTED WITH NO HASSLES.
JUST ASK TIMMY DUCK ITS THE ONLY WAY HE BUYS TOO.
HE BUYS A NEW ONE EVERY YEAR ON TWO.
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

Mine is an 03, but I paid $9600 out the door. This was last August, about this time. Mine was brand new.

There are several dealers dumping the Hayabusa. The best deal is 9,000US,no taxes. From Florida. Another deal is for the 2004 LE,9,450. No taxes. I bought mine in B.C. Canada. I paid 13,100.Can$. Check ebay for other dealers dumping the bikes.

Just keep shopping around!

I bought my SE for $9,016 from Canada OTD but I don't have to pay sales tax. If you are paying tax anything under $10k OTD isn't a bad deal. Just keep looking until you feel like you are getting what you want for the money.

As far as loans, it depends on your credit, etc. I got mine financed through my credit union for 3.9% on a brand new bike. You will be paying a lot more for a used bike(9-15%). Almost enough to just buy a new bike with the lower interest rate.

For instance if you finance a NEW Busa for $10,000 at 4%-interest for 48-months you will be paying $225.79 a month.

If you do the same thing with a used Busa for $8,500 at 12%-interest for 48-months you will be paying $223.84 a month.

I would just buy a NEW bike if I were you.

Josh
blues.gif

Right now in Northern New England Dealers are selling new ones for 9500-9800 dollars.
So go to your bank or credit union and get a loan and bring your cash to the dealer.
Keep the bike for two years and sell for between 7000-7500, and go get your new one.
This way it cost you only about 1500 a year to be riding a new or one model year old Busa.
Can't wait to see the final improvements and colors for 05.

I traded in a '99 Harley Sportster 1200S w/26,000 miles on it plus about $4,800 cash. But the Busa is worth over $20K in pleasure if you ask me.

why not save yourself a nice chunk of change and buy one of our bro's? :

item number 2486744698. should be on ebay in a few minutes. i started the bid at $8500.00. its an 04 blue/silver with only 230 miles on it. kind of depressed right now, but a man has to do what a man has to do!

Bartlesville Cycle Sports in Ok 9399.00 OTD. You pay your sales tax in Ne. They are great to work with and well worth the drive even from Ne. PM me with questions. I just bought a new 600F4I for my wife for 7099.00 OTD. They have the best prices around.

Back