Buying Advice Please: $11.4K OTD for new 04 LE

drlucian

Registered
I've been following the board for the past four months and I'm finally close to making a purchase. A local dealer in Phoenix has a new 2004 Limited Edition (the red one) for $9999.00 The total out the door prices comes to $11,400.00 with the dealer's prep fees and the unavoidable tax, title and registration.

I had intended to wait until early 2005 to buy the bike but I'm afraid that there may be none available locally when I'm ready to get it. I've decided that I like the red bike best and so that rules out used bikes and leftover '03s. I distrust trust long distance/non face-to-face transactions and so buying from out of state would be difficult. Phoenix is a relative dead zone for motorcycles with a very limited selection of new and used motorcycles available, nothing like the northeast or California. In the last three months I've seen only a handful of used Arizona Hayabusas in the Cycletrader; this is only the second LE that I've seen on a dealer's showroom floor.

My question is: Is this a good deal, what have other recent buyers paid? I have seen prices as low as $9500 in the Cycletrader for new '04s and even a couple of leftover '03s for $8999

sounds a little high .... I got an 02 in spring (feb) 03 for 9998 OTD. Now you want an SE, but I'd imagine you could find one getting stale at some dealer after the 05's are out.

Might price shop that one a bit. Of course I'd see what others closer to you think.

tell him to shove the prep fees up his ass. also be sure to tell them that you are thinking about just getting an 05 and that they need to motivate you to get the 04. since the 05 bikes will be on their way shortly you have some room to negotiate.

i would think you could easily get an OTD price of $10.5k or less right now. be sure to mention that honda east is selling their brand new 04 LE's for $9.8k (+tax and reg in your state) and unless they can come close to that you will buy from honda east. see if you can't get an extended warranty in their somewhere too.
wink.gif

I know certain locations (California for example) charge much more, but that does seem high. I bought my '03 (in July '03) for $10.2K OTD w/ a new helmet and 20% discount on accessories and that was considered high by some.

i know it all depends on the dealers i.e., high volume or low volume, area, etc. but try to get it for below msrp out the door since 2004 is almost over.

are all your OTD prices including sales tax?
Here in MA we dont pay sales tax untill you go get it registered

too high....

be thankful you're not from where I'm from. Dealer has an 04 (Blue and Silver) for 13,600. Fuggin thief.

To clarify my question. The out the door price asked by the dealer is $11,400.00
Of this, the actual title and license fees for one year would be $197.00, the arizona sales tax is 8.1%, so the actual before tax and license price is $10,363 ($11,4000 - 197 = 11,203 divided by 1.081 = 10,363)  $636 less than MSRP of $10,999.

Yesterday, the dealer refused my offer of $11,250 OTD, saying it was less than his cost.

<!--EDIT|drlucian
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095037966 -->

then tell the dealer to go fug himself. Dood...seriously: you'll find a better deal. If you're not too comfortable without meeting the seller first, NorCal is not too far away.

This dealer sounds like he's full of shid. Sad part about this is that there's prolly gonna be someone dumb enough to still buy it from him. Stick to your guns and don't give in.

If you want a busa that bad, you really wouldn't mind doing more shopping around. I had to pass over 7 deals when I was first looking for my bike. Then I got a good deal on a 99 that had 7345mi on the odo.

you can find a better price ... and at that price, your dealer will likely be showing off that pretty red bike in March/April 05
wink.gif

just have one shipped out from honda east. if my dealer tries to give me grief on the price of an 05 i'm just going to order one from here...

http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/

i have heard nothing but good things from tons of people about them. you have to pay about $300 for shipping, but even after that the price is lower than almost anyone else can touch.

Decent price for the bike$9999, but way too high on the fees, at the high it should have the extended warranty included.

There are better deals, but it isn't a bad deal.

Back