Buying Advice Please: $11.4K OTD for new 04 LE

Total rip off. I could have had the pink SE for $10,300 + tax back in MARCH!
At this time of the year you should be able to get that bike for under $10,000 OTD + tax.
From what I've read in the past, Arizona has by far the highest prices since the riding season is year round. If you wan't to save some serious cash have one shipped from the midwest, especially Ohio. Even after paying $300 for shipping you'll still probably save $700 to $1000.

Wherever you get the bike make sure they break down the actual cost of the bike on the invoice. There are a lot of tards out there that get their ego's stroked by dealers telling them they're not paying any freight, prep or doc fees. In reality it's all added in on the total cost of the bike and the idiot with the bloated ego is taxed on ALL OF IT.
If the invoice breaks everything down and lists all the fee's, the price of the bike will be in the low $9K area which is the only thing you'll pay taxes on since the freight, prep and doc fee's are not taxable.

Good luck!

Yup,

That real high, especially where you live. I got mine out the door for 10,400, and prices on bikes are especially high in Texas, cause everyone has one, and they have no trouble selling them.

spin

Thank for all the replies.

It looks like it's unanimous that my deal is a rip-off by up to $1000.00 .

Unfortunately it would add close to that much to the price to buy one from out of state whether I rode it home from hundreds of miles away or had it shipped if I factor in travel costs, gas, hotels, rental cars or crating and shipping a bike bought sight unseen. Additionally, it seems that (at least in the Cycletrader listings) dealers are asking several hundred to a thousand more for the red one.

It really may not be that expensive. Give the guys at East Toledo (LuckyDevil's post) a call and see what they can do. Have heard lots of good things about them.

East Toledo is CRAZY.... in Munane Ohio... i got quoted over the internet 9530.00 04 blck and purple brand new out the door. Im going to buy 2 bikes in the next 3 weeks from them, i can't believe the deal they are going to get when i walk in there and leave with 2 bikes, 2 helments, some leathers and two chatterbox kits... they will get a good customer, and ill be freakin happy with the deal...

I called www.hondaeasttoledo as several have suggested. They have none in stock but will check around for me. Salesman said he could beat my before tax and license price of $10,363 by several hundred dollars even with shipping. (If there is one available). I would have to pay local sales tax here in AZ on a new bike w/certficate of origin. It is possible to avoid sales tax on previously titled out-of-state purchases. Under a grand savings will probably not be worth the hassle

Got mine (limited edition) for $10,200,00 in july in Dallas TX($11,400.00 drive out) He was the only dealer that would work on the price! Every one else would only take MSRP. Remember its a state/region thing. Good luck:cool:

Apex Sports in Colorado Springs has the 2004 LE for 10700 OTD. I paid 10300 OTD for my black/purple like 4 weeks ago and 20% on Accessories. Good luck on your buy...

<!--EDIT|boriqua_n_co
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095516010 -->

Things are cheaper over here in Iowa i guess mine came with Chrome wheels and Dunlop tires by my choice and still had less than $11,000 in it out the door..That guy is way to high, mabie smokin reefer or sumptin. LOL
'03 AE bought in Dec. of '03

<!--EDIT|DR1300R
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095697936 -->

Back