black swingarm

Slammin

Registered
hey guys im new to the board. I recently hit a deer and am in the process of rebuilding my 99 busa. I have a question though, I have a raw aluminum frame and I recently came across a good deal on an 8 inch extended swing arm. The issue is the swing arm is black...I was curious as to how bad you guys think it would look to run a raw aluminum frame and a black swingarm. If anyone else is running one and has pictures please post....my body is black and blue (mostly black) and I do have black rims. I do plan on stripping the bike down and powdercoating the frame but I just dont have the time and money to do it now.....and with it hitting 70 degrees here in nebraska Im ready to ride now..... PLEASE HELP

Thanks

I got frame covers after I powder coated my swingarm to clean the look up of the ugly frame.

Busa saddle bags.jpg

lighted kanji 4.jpg

go with the frame covers or just paint the frame with a rattle can . You can touch it up anytime if it gets scratched

Taking it down to the frame is a big hassel.Frame covers or paint works or leave it raw and bead blast the arm to match.I personally like the aluminum look over paint.

thanks guys....I might just go with frame covers....I dont really know what the frame would look like with spray paint on it....I dunno alot to think about......Still considering sandblasting the arm but that just seems like I am going in the wrong direction of where I want to go. That is a sharp looking blacked out bike if I might add though....the was my other concern is the gray pegs but I see they look just fine on your bike so Im not to worried about that one

one last question....is there a sponsor that sells black frame covers that I can support or is my best route to go to ebay???

thanks guys....I might just go with frame covers....I dont really know what the frame would look like with spray paint on it....I dunno alot to think about......Still considering sandblasting the arm but that just seems like I am going in the wrong direction of where I want to go. That is a sharp looking blacked out bike if I might add though....the was my other concern is the gray pegs but I see they look just fine on your bike so Im not to worried about that one

The stock pegs and brackets are just one of those things on my to do list I want mostly black but don't want all black, looking to add red yellow anodized highlights like

speed kings.jpg

speedkings red.jpg

brake levers res caps I will deal with later

frame covers and swingarms were a more dramatic eye catching changes.

speed kings.jpg

speedkings red.jpg

Slammin said:

I rattle canned my frame, after seeing some others on the board did it. I think the paint was rustoleum satin black, have to check the garage, maybe snap a pic as well. But it looks pretty damned good for spray paint.

Home depot sells Plasti-Dip, stuff works great, when ready to powder coat peel it off and go..

Hey slammin!!! I am in council bluffs. We are super close to each other! If you need help shout at me brother! I have a shop and plenty of tools etc.Welcome to the org man!

yesterday I had it next to my bike comparing it to the stock one.....turns out he sold me a gsxr 1000 swing arm (which is ok I can make it all work out) after contacting him he told me it was on his bike and the conversion is easy.......however after measuring its more like 6 1/2 inches because i1000s have a shorter arm. I am concerned about the Handling but I REALLY like the look of a stretched and lowered bike...and since I am a recent convert over from the Harley world I might be ok. Cant hurt to try worse case Ill just take it back off and sell it.

Viper we are extremely close, Im always looking for riding buddies and ready to recruit anyone that likes to work on them with me. Last year I bought my 99 and a parts bike to build my bike. When I started it was a frame on the ground (hind site is 20/20 should have powder coated then). At the end of the season last year I hit a deer on my way to work so I am in the process of rebuilding again. Getting close now just waiting on a set of china fairings....been a month and a half but I wont get started there....and it will be ready to ride. Any ideas/advice you have will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks for all your help guys

+1^^^^^ and if i remember correctly the pivot shaft is a different diameter in the bearing so you need to change from the 1000 bearings to the hayabusa bearings.. but im not 100% sure on that one

Back