New Hayabusa... problems already..hope it's simple ;)

Glad you got it fix up... Common problem with bikes that sit. Oil tends to get "dryed" (not the technical tem) out and sticky. Leave oil long enough it can get a tar like consistency.

Like stated make sure all the recalls / bulletin stuff was checked and fixed. :thumbsup: Ignition wires, clutch bolts, rectifier.

run a couple tanks of 93+ octane through it. pop the tank, inspect it, changed all fluids (again) after your first 600-800 miles on it -- you should be good. You can't break a busa!

Make sure they did the recall on the wire harness that run up past the steering stem, it had to be re-routed to prevent a fault. Simple fix but should have already been done. I know it does not have anything to do with your clutch issue, just making you aware there was a recall on that and the rectifier if I remember correctly.

Beat me to it!

I had the exact same problem with my 09. It sat in the showroom for a year before I took it. 2 min down the street and the clutch was exactly as you described. My dealer didn't mess around. The kept the bike, ordered a new master cylinder and a slave cylinder. All was good after that!

:)

Back