Starting problem

LordHelmut

Registered
So yesterday i was out riding for a good hour, stopped at the car was and gave my bike a light rinse, air dryed it and when i left the car wash started fine. I got home parked it on my stands and began detailing the bike after a couple hours i tried to start it and nothing... no cranking or anything. I took it off the stands put it in gear and rolled it forward and released the clutch to move the cylinders and then it fired up normally after with starter. Is this normal or what the heck is going on? First time its ever happen

Sounds like your clutch or kickstand switch got wet and didn't want to behave..

It wouldn't be a huge leap to assume something didn't like what you did at the carwash. Now I'm not one of these neat freaks that polishes my ride at every stop. In the next week she will get her annual washing and cleaning for the Bash. Can't shame the family :laugh:

Anyway I get caught occasionally in the rain and once in a great while a down pour for hours. 38K miles and never an issue. These bikes are designed for anything but a dip in the river. It will probably never act up again, but I would dodge the carwash brother. High Pressure Water and rain are two different animals.

Useally its the clutch switch that gets funny after a bath...if it ever does it again take a key and cross the terminals of the switch and see if it cranks. Make sure you are in neutral first...you wont have to pull the clutch in.

how hard is it to change that clutch switch, looks like just a screw. I gonna change it just to be on the safe side

Back