Need advice on clutch problem

fijibusa

Registered
Just bought a new Hayabusa, the clutch is jerky, when I hold the clutch in, first gear, start to release to start moving the bike is very jerky and jitters and sticks.
Also sometimes when Im in netural it woun't go into first unless I roll it forward a bit.
Is this normal on a new bike? The dealer is telling me that the clutch needs to break in.
I had a 2000 Busa before this, don't remeber having this problem.

Thanks for any advice.

Just bought a new Hayabusa, the clutch is jerky, when I hold the clutch in, first gear, start to release to start moving the bike is very jerky and jitters and sticks.
Also sometimes when Im in netural it woun't go into first unless I roll it forward a bit.
Is this normal on a new bike? The dealer is telling me that the clutch needs to break in.
I had a 2000 Busa before this, don't remeber having this problem.

Thanks for any advice.

Ride it a few 100 miles or so and see if it quits mine was like that to

Verify that the clutch spring bolts are tight because the 08 had a recall about loose clutch bolts,dont know if they fixed that for 09 and 10 models.

My 09 occasionally won't go into first until I either roll it forward, backward, or let the clutch out about half way with my foot pushing down on the shifter. I wouldn't be too worried about that.

How much gas are you giving her when taking off in first? I never experience any jerkiness and I take off at around 2K in stop and go traffic.

My bike was perfect until i did the clutch mod. Now it does what you described. I just got used to it. I'm going to put in the Brocks cushion and see if that helps.

Back