New Hayabusa owner.

I got through to state farm, the agent kept telling me that its the most expensive bike to insure, im thinking "Noooo the 50cc Chinese P.O.S. scooter is!" HA, and they should have my quote ready tomorrow (Friday) :please: lets pray its gonna be cheap.

And you want pics? oh ill give you pics! :laugh:

:welcome: Glad to see you here. I went with MET. I am 29 I have a perfect record but they still would didn't want to cover me. This was due to age and size of bike 8k busa. Also I came from progressive with my last bike so they were nice enough to consider me as having no prior ridding history or insurance. Also when it comes to bikes they might hold your age against you until you are 35!!

One word of advice go and talk to a LIVE person FACE to FACE. The online and over the phone are convinent but don't underestamate the power of looking some one in the eye. That helps you in more then insurace. And they have already asked for pics so I won't.

OH and it rained alll damn day, so no pics, like im gonna take it in the rain HA! statefarm never finished my quote and the insurance company i was going to go to was closed already, and wont be open till monday, The nerve of these goons!

@Majestic12 I went to progressive in person, looked eye to eye and they said 7,000. :s

Become a member of HOG - Harley Owners Group, it will cost you 50 bucks. Have you taken a riders ed course? Call up Harley Insurance and ask for a quote. My record isn't that great and I pay $750 a year for my $25K Harley and my $10K Busa with full coverage.

:welcome: State Farm is great especially if you have a car too!.. buy a cheap car and try again..Busas are awesome.. i'm new owner myself and cant help but smile:laugh:

you're 17 years old, and you just bought a Busa!?!? ???

1)your parents must either love you, or hate u....or have a VERY large life insurance policy on your butt:whistle:
2)congrats on buying the sweetest machine on two wheels:thumbsup: and findin the best site w/info on it:welcome: to the .org, btw:cheerleader:

3) dude-*uck insurance-I got mine at 28 *w/a sh**t driving record u cant get bein 17-but bein 17 is prolly just as bad:laugh:...never had insurance, dont plan on gettin it anytime soon...I tossed my bike n rebuilt it twice already in as many years, and spent less then $2k to get it running each time

brother, I feel your pain w/the size-no other bike fit me either *back when I was 17 i was 6'5" too....ended up 6'7":banghead: watch out in college man-you're prolly not done yet*

PLEASE-be careful on that bike G; I can still remember how i used to drive cages @ 17...and the 4 tickets i go that year:whistle:

The Busa is an unforgiving BEAST G-treat it with the utmost respect, n you'll have the luxury of owning the nicest ride around!:bowdown:

dont be a dum@ss like BigD, and throw your g.f. off the back just to get the hole-shot running lite-to-lite with a cager...THIS is what happens:banghead:

brokebackBusa 012.JPG

Its rained for days, Monday should be nice so pics Monday :D with its silvery sexy ness. I dont even know how to text (Ashame i know what teenager dont text) and da hell is a twitter? :rofl: and im a VERY good driver, never even a close call, started young, like illegal young

:welcome:
Be carful with that thing kid! I am 53 and I still pay $97 a mounth for full coverage in California.
Steve

Well Kid this is what the ORG is all about. You get some of the best advise and information right here on this site, though you have to have thick skin to get thru some of the sarcasm when you leave yourself wide open. As for me When I was looking for insurance I too got some of those crazy $3k/$4k quotes; and I was 30 something years old:dunno: I was furious:banghead:. However I found a non major company that insured me with liabilaty coverage for about $1,200 a year so I settled for that. After the first year (no tickets, no accidents) I called GIECO, my car insurance company back and they took me aboard with FULL coverage for about $1,100 a year and after that year (no tickets, no accidents) GEICO reduced my insurance to $790 a year:thumbsup:This is good considering several factors; Type of Bike (of course) and Location Location Location which is in Atlanta. Hope this helps you to make your decision on how to attack this situation. I know it sucks but the insurance companies (the worlds largest organized legal ripoffs) hold the TRUMP cards.:mad2: Bottom line as you know the factors are AGE, History, and Time; which in your case is definitly on your side; as long as you ride smart, safe and RESPECT the bike, and never ride out of its or your boundaries:rulez:
:welcome:

I do respect it, i even talk to it:goodboy: lol. and it wasnt raining and the road where dry so i de-covered and de-garaged her...rolled it over onto the gravel and took your precious pics..

So, You want the pics! You cant handle the Pic! Ok you probobly can so here :D

DCFC0023.jpg

DCFC0024.jpg

DCFC0026.jpg

Back