Possibly A New Owner

NLBurden

Registered
Hi guys,

I wanted to ask a few questions about The hayabusas. I have been looking around for a new motorcycle ( sold my r6 last year ) as I am missing riding again. I am wanting a hayabusa because i find them very comfy to sit on and I love the power of the 1000cc + bikes. I have owned a few one litre bikes, so I am thinking about trying the busa next. I found a 2008 Hayabusa, metallic grey. Is there anything I should know before checking the bike out in terms of possible / known problems. As well this one has about 10,000 miles on it, what mileage is considered getting fairly high ? Also what have you thought about owning your bike ? Thanks all!!

While there are a few recalls on the 08 Gen 2, they are minor (recitifier and something in the ignition switch are all the recalls I remember, and Suzuki will fix them for free). Otherwise, with care the 08 GEN2 is a great bike that you will greatly enjoy!

Great bikes. Just be aware that they are heavier, so it'll take a little more to throw it around like a lighter 1000. But I'd still say they're more fun because you can carve or dominate at the drag strip. Also infinitely more comfortable.

:welcome: to the board...10,000 miles is only one decent years worth of riding, there are quite a few of us around with 100,000+ miles without any significant issues

Reactions: c10
FYI a 2008 if its never had coolant changed will need that , as well as fluids replaced in brake/clutch masters . Just a few hours of work , and about $40 for the good stuff .

What color are you looking at, that matters for performance.... 08 Grey / Blk was the fastest (not really).

Thanks for the input. She is 08 , grey/black, she has a power commander on it, and akrapovic exhausts. I can get it for a good deal as the owner doesn't use it. shes been sitting in a garage primarily for most of its life. I want to use it as a daily driver during the bike season for primarily driving around the highways and cruising a bit around the coastlines. I'm right in the middle of my decision still.. The only things that concerns me about the busa's is that I hear they are " too big " a bike or a " straight line " bike.. I personally don't drive twisties very much so i can't see why I would have an issue. Other then the exhaust and power commander the bike is mint and stock.

< This is me, on my 08 Busa, but from what I hear, they won't wheelie either.
There are alot of pics here of many of us with our knees down and no chicken strips either.
Equalliy good riders on a Busa vs a 1000, and the 1000 cannot be beaten around a track or hard street cornering.
The 1000 has a little more lean angle, and alot less weight. But it won't be dramatic.
The Busa does everything well, and in skilled hands, suprises and upsets alot of people.
Anyone who says a Busa is a straight line bike, and is too big, is underskilled, uninformed, and otherwise an idiot.
You've owned and ridden several bikes.
If you find the Busa comfortable to sit on, then you'll enjoy riding it.
If the price is right, buy it. As said, 10k miles is nothing.
Akropovic makes excellent and expensive exhaust too, so it's always great to get one already on a bike.

I've owned bikes of all sizes and the Busa does great in the corners. It takes a little more effort for me to throw it over, but I think it's because I don't weigh much. But in the mountains with my stretched and lowered Gen I I was in the front of our group with a guy in a 1k the whole week. No chicken strips left after that trip and the Busa did great. The difference is, I can have fun in the corners, be comfortable as hell causing around, and then go dominate at the drag strip. Best overall bike for sure. If I wanted to road course race again or hit the mountains all the time, I'd get a cheap 600 but still keep the Busa.

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask a few questions about The hayabusas. I have been looking around for a new motorcycle ( sold my r6 last year ) as I am missing riding again. I am wanting a hayabusa because i find them very comfy to sit on and I love the power of the 1000cc + bikes. I have owned a few one litre bikes, so I am thinking about trying the busa next. I found a 2008 Hayabusa, metallic grey. Is there anything I should know before checking the bike out in terms of possible / known problems. As well this one has about 10,000 miles on it, what mileage is considered getting fairly high ? Also what have you thought about owning your bike ? Thanks all!!
just bought an 09 with 9500 moles on it, simply amazing machine.

Back