High Mileage Hayabusa Gen1

redciv1

Registered
In the market for a 1st Gen Hayabusa after selling house and wanted to get some feedback on "high" mileage Hayabusa's.. I know "high" is a relative term, so I will define as 30-70K mile Hayabusa's. Just seems like most high mileage bikes may have just been used for commuting or long trips. Looking for one for daily commuting and occasional long day trips. Commute about 120/mpd.

check classified...there is one there you need to look at...look for hooks gen 1

Will check out, but also looking for problem areas. I know cooling was an issue, but any other areas?

cooling was not an issue. i never had any cooling issues that i recall on any one of my gen 1....now that being said, dont expect to ride this thing on a 100 degree day in the city all afternoon.

image.jpeg
Cooling nor anything else has been an 'issue' with my 06 but I take very good care of it. No burnouts, no drag racing, just fast riding throughout the eleven western states and over 60,000 miles. Amsoil is good stuff! Proper maintenance is key to longevity. See if you can find one that's NOT been modified and the owner has the service history. Good luck in the hunt.

Hey Viper, I think the cooling issues maybe regional based. I am in Atlanta so between traffic commuting and summer, that is probably where I remember hearing the issue. I rode my Katana 600 to work and traffic leaving work was always an issue, but never really a big deal even with the air cooled Katana.
@CBX, that is quite a nice piece you have there. One thing I do realize is that a 1st gen that has not been modified with either lowering or a stretch is like a unicorn. I don't mind exhaust, but alot of what I see are lowered and or extended. I am going to give Hooker a message. Looks like we should be getting an offer on our home any day now, so the fun begins.

All of my bikes throughout the years that I have owed did get warm or hot sometimes if you were commuting on them for long periods of time however once on the open road your good again cars usually don t have this problem due to there large radiators :thumbsup:

My 06 never had cooling issue up north till I moved to florida. Bought muzzy fan and put thhat cooling stuff "ice" I think??? It did the trick.

Well I appreciate everyone's feedback. I definitely am interested in Hooker's bike but need to have money in hand first, looks really good

In the market for a 1st Gen Hayabusa after selling house and wanted to get some feedback on "high" mileage Hayabusa's.. I know "high" is a relative term, so I will define as 30-70K mile Hayabusa's. Just seems like most high mileage bikes may have just been used for commuting or long trips. Looking for one for daily commuting and occasional long day trips. Commute about 120/mpd.
Hi . My first busa I bought in 07 . It was an 06 model with 15000ks on the clock ,when I traded it in 2011 I racked up over 175000ks. I only did the camchain at 110000ks and rebuilt the starter motor.basically the bike will go forever if you look after it and fix what's needed when it's needed. In New Zealand most bike riders ride hard n fast

cooling was not an issue. i never had any cooling issues that i recall on any one of my gen 1....now that being said, dont expect to ride this thing on a 100 degree day in the city all afternoon.
I did the 2 fan mod with manual switch. Never had a problem

Back