Registered
Wooo i went and joined the ranks of the Hayabusa owners :cheerleader:

After finding my metallic gray 2009 Busa, paying cash and getting it delivered
i went to an insurance company, and had hysterical blindness

over $7,000 a year.

im 17
Male
Missouri

And ive been shopping around praying to find a good deal and thought id ask what are the Vetrain HAyabusa riders paying so i can figure what an ok deal would be.

So far the best deal ive found is liability from E surance for 1,024 a year.

Liability is all you need but try to get comprehensive in case its stolen and DON'T go down all by yourself or you'll be paying the whole repair bill. And by "Vetrain" do you mean (veteran) Hayabusa riders? If so, that has nothing to do with your costs. Your age and lack of riding experience (age again) is why most (all?) insurance companies believe you're the highest risk out there. Most companies start discounting costs after you turn 25.

Last edited:
Not knowing anything about your situation can you get it covered under your parents' policy? You will have paid for it over and over again every year and a half. What insurance company was charging that price?

Try state farm, but I am not sure with your age. 1024 a year may be a good deal.

:welcome: And move to FL when you turn 18. No insurance required at all though I don't recommend it. Mine is insured but you are not required by law to carry any. Freakin FL! ???

State Farm for veteran hayabusa riders around $600 full coverage / year on a Gen II.

Unless you paid cash for it you'll need collision. Don't know many 17 year olds with 12K in the piggy bank.

:welcome: to the oRg

Welcome to the oRg! Call State Farm, but I'm not so sure you can beat the price you have. Good luck on the insurance and welcome to the madness!!

I'm 21 and pay $1320/year for full coverage with state farm. Your age is what's killing you. Insurance companies don't like to see a 17 year old on a 1300cc bike. As someone else pointed out, if it's possible, you'd be much better off putting it on your parents' plan and just paying them.

I'm 21 and pay $1320/year for full coverage with state farm. Your age is what's killing you. Insurance companies don't like to see a 17 year old on a 1300cc bike. As someone else pointed out, if it's possible, you'd be much better off putting it on your parents' plan and just paying them.

Alright time for a little story. Not sure exactly what you're telling him to do, but; had a young man local that bought a black '07, bike was in moms name insurance was in moms name. Young squid pops the front wheel up and beyond 12 o'clock ( he had a very bad day ) and lost his Busa but received several nice scars including one that runs from above hairline to his crack so they could install a nice rod that allows him to walk. I digress. Insurance company paid zip. End of horror story. Back to regular programming.

Alright time for a little story. Not sure exactly what you're telling him to do, but; had a young man local that bought a black '07, bike was in moms name insurance was in moms name. Young squid pops the front wheel up and beyond 12 o'clock ( he had a very bad day ) and lost his Busa but received several nice scars including one that runs from above hairline to his crack so they could install a nice rod that allows him to walk. I digress. Insurance company paid zip. End of horror story. Back to regular programming.
The mom didn't list her son as one of the drivers? Yeah, that was very bad of mom to do. :banghead:

Back