New guy in Indiana

Thanks for the welcome

The bike has almost 800 miles on it oil light came on today should i just change the oil and filter or just add what i need

Also any recommendations on type of oil/filter
Thanks in advance

i HAVE NEVER HAD THE OIL LIGHT COME ON YOU MIGHT HAVE A PROBLEM:banghead:

Oil light only comes on when the bike is on the kickstand when you stand the bike up straight it goes off. Thats why i think it is just a little low

Hello all
Just bought a 04 busa came with a bunch of extras.

On the bike now
TRAC DYNAMICS 6" over swingarm
KOENIG oil pan
MURRY sidewinder exhaust (ridiculously loud)
Carpenter valve springs
K&N air filter
and some clutch work

I also got MPS auto air shifter, wide band commander dyno jet, powercommander III, Speed resistor eliminator, but they are not on the bike

Looking for some advice on a new exhaust and which power commander to put on the bike

:welcome: aboard. What do you mean when you say you are looking for whic PC to put on the bike? I think your only option is the PCIII. You said you also have PCIII and wide band readout, why would you not wanna use that or those?

Guess I wasn't very clear I got 3 different power programers with the bike 2 of them are pcIII and one of them is the wide band. I was wondering which one or ones to put on the bike.

welcome, there are alot of us in indiana, not sure where you are, myself, joebur,busaboy007,zewski, ibified and 2 or 3 others are all up north in mishawaka, i know we have members in forte wayne, logansport, indy area...u name it we have members there

your busa looks dead identical to one we see out here at our drag strip all the time....you didnt buy it from Mike Smith did you?
if u did that would actually be a good thing

sweet another Hoosier member I may be interested in selling my exhaust its a full Titanium yoshimura 4 into 1 pm me if your interested. Also i'm southern Indiana, Seymour to be exact bout 60 miles south of indy:thumbsup:

:welcome::welcome:
oil light came on? not good... I am running the Mobile 1 4T bike oil (available at O'Riellys auto parts in Indiana)

Well the PCIII would depend if one had the needed maps over one that didn't, the wide band is just a moniter/readout for air and fuel. You would need to either hook up the PC's to computer to see if maps are in it/them or send them back to dynojet or downloand new ones for it, or lastly just hook one up and take it to tuner and they will do a custom map for your specific needs.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have always wanted to build one with a stretched arm and lower it, but it does not fit my riding style :(

Oil light coming on is not a good thing, as others have said. Even though it is on the side stand, the light still should not come on. You said your busa has an aftermarket oil pan. You may have a problem with the oil pickup. :welcome: to the board.

Thanks for the info on the power commanders and i added a little oil to the bike and seems to be fine now light hasnt came back on.

Back