New GSXR1000 Weight?

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I weighed the Gixxer this morning with full fuel and was a little surprised at the wet weight? I thought it would weigh less?

Front - 217 lbs.
Rear - 218 lbs.

Total - 435 lbs.

My scale is not certified but I'd be surprised if it was off more than five lbs. on total weight?

i think there is supposed to be a 5lb loss

Uhh....Suzuki claims 365lbs. dry!

I would say it's a little off in running order!
wink.gif

Its 15 lbs less then last year.
366 dry weight.

<!--EDIT|tedbiele
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111951502 -->

Suzuki's specs on the 04 was "Dry Weight 370 lbs"
The new 05 according to Suzuki is 365 lbs!
I'm not sure exactly what Suzuki calls the "Wet" part of the weight. It may include the battery along with all the fluids? It would be interesting to hear from someone who knows "For Sure" what items Suzuki calls "Wet"?

Dry means no fluids...

Thats no oil, gas, brake, coolant, nothin... Not too sure about the battery?

435 is correct, I have already read that is the approximate wet weight of the 05 gixxer in 2 locations... One was on gixxer.com.

Busa dry weight is 478, wet is 550 if my memory serves me correctly... 72 pounds of fluids in her...

As far as what it actually weighs....its kinda like HP #'s....they don't always tell the truth.

Hey now BABUSA, that almost offends me...
tounge.gif

Kawasoki inflates their numbers... Zuk doesn't.

At least I have never seen them do it.

Yeah, Remember folks Oil and other fluids weigh about 12lbs more in a Suzuki or a Kawasaki...

laugh.gif
I think Honda is the most Honest when it comes to wet or Dry weight...

It's really funny though, lots of folks out there are convinced that their Busa is well under 500 lbs OTR.
wink.gif

I have read on the bike magazine that it weighs 167 kgs dry... dunno what thats in pounds!Dont have my converter here today
blush.gif

167kg = 368.1715 lb give or take a couple ounces
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|ohzone
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112017322 -->

Yep thats probably right on. The factory numbers are with helium in the tires. I weighed my R1 2004 at work(calibrated scale) and it was about 442 if my memory is correct.

maybe a pound or so each blinker?

drink.gif

<!--EDIT|HayaBusa Knight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112039314 -->

Back